Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Praise and Prayers

ALL IN THE SAME DAY.  

Life can feel like such a complete contradiction so many times.

I have spent today celebrating and praising God for moving mountains on behalf of an orphan to soon be united with their forever family.

OH HOW I PRAISE THE LORD WHEN I GET NEWS LIKE THIS.
  IT'S ESPECIALLY SWEET WHEN IT IS A FRIEND THAT YOU LOVE SO MUCH.

I can relate and join into the joy and the PRAISE!
PRAISE TO OUR LORD!!!

MY HEART REJOICES! 
 THERE IS NO HIGH LIKE 
THE MOST HIGH!!!!

Within the same hour of the news that made my heart rejoice I got news that made my heart ache.


I spent today crying out and asking God to move mountains on behalf of a precious friend that has many challenges with an adopted child.
OH HOW I PRAY WHEN I GET NEWS LIKE THIS.
IT'S ESPECIALLY PAINFUL WHEN IT IS A FRIEND THAT YOU LOVE SO MUCH.


I can relate and join in the pain and the PRAYER!!

PRAYER TO OUR LORD!!!

MY HEART CRIES OUT!!
THERE IS NO CRY MORE DESPERATE THAN THE CRY OF A MOTHER ON BEHALF OF HER FAMILY.

JESUS,
 I PRAISE YOU 
AND I CRY OUT TO YOU
 ALL ON THE SAME DAY!!!!

 I see the same thing in scripture.  David is crying out to God.

Psalm 88:13-18


13 
But I, O Lord, cry to you;

    in the morning my prayer comes before you.
14 
O Lord, why do you cast my soul away?
    Why do you hide your face from me?
15 
Afflicted and close to death from my youth up,
    I suffer your terrors; I am helpless.[a]
16 
Your wrath has swept over me;
    your dreadful assaults destroy me.
17 
They surround me like a flood all day long;
    they close in on me together.
18 
You have caused my beloved and my friend to shun me;
    my companions have become darkness.[b]

And then in the very next verses, He is praising Him.

Psalm 89:1-2


89I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord, forever;
    with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.

For I said, “Steadfast love will be built up forever;
    in the heavens you will establish your faithfulness.”



The thing I learn from this....is press in with God, he knows all our stuff and He is a big enough God to handle it all.
 He deserves all of our praise and He can handle all of our
 tears and fears.


No comments: