Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Confession: I Yell.

I have a confession.  I am a yeller.  I'm not proud of it AT ALL, but it's the truth.

I realize that the yelling has NEVER accomplished anything, other than guilt on my part and hurting ears and feelings on the kids' part.

So, I've been asking God to help me STOP it.  I had visions of Him just taking away all the things that frustrate me and tend to trigger my yelling.
  Like my life would suddenly look like Mary Poppins, and I would sing instead of yell. 
 I am a woman of faith and believe in BIG miracles, even for us BIG mouths.  :)

But, God had a different plan....instead of giving me a miracle He is giving me accountability. 
 I got caught red handed, or loud mouthed rather, TWICE last week.

One time, I was going OFF on a child that needed to be set straight, but did NOT need yelled at. 
 When I got done with my my RANT I realized my phone had "pocket called" someone.
  LORD HELP ME!!!!

Then, just a day later I was addressing an issue with another child and went OFF in my YELLING rage,
 and I realized I had company. 
 EMBARRASSING!!!

I know the Lord is being gracious and NOT letting me get away with this behavior anymore, and I sure hope I have some friends left by the time He is done answering this prayer and breaking me of my yelling.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can REALLY relate to this, and I worry about how it affects my children...
Just FYI, I noticed that Dr. Dobson's radio show My Family Talk has a program today about mothers yelling. They have the programs available to upload online, I do that often. Here is the link:
http://www.drjamesdobson.org/broadcasts/archive
I'm praying for you!
Blessings,
Amy in PA

marlece said...

I am praying for you sister, for I do not fail in this area (as I speak with a tone that you can bearly hear) hahahahhaa! Just kidding, yip we are sisters and we YELL! New challenge and this it will be, I'm with you, let's keep each other accountable. Oh the neighbors are going to be soooooo happy, they are going to think we've moved!