Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Spring Updates



I'm just going to throw it all out there!
Current events...and my thoughts.
Both places can be a bit crazy....so read at your own risk, it can be scary in this head and life of mine.
Ya, you try to have a sane thought when this is going on all the time!

*************************************************************
 ************************************************************************


Claiborne is coming home tonight for Spring Break.
  YIPPEE!!!!! 
 I call him my son...and because I emphasis this so often to the other family members,
 Kole wrongly accuses me of acting like Claiborne is my
 only
child.

WELL....
THAT
is not true....I have Lashae too
 *because.she.has.maubry*
Seriously Kole...duh.  :)

****************************************************
******************************************************************

I'm giving up junk food,  and fast food until Easter. 
 I'm not saying "Lent" because I'm not Catholic and it can be a subject of conversation, on whether we are supposed to observe or not observe Lent and what the rules are????

So for me....I'm just saying that I'm sick of the junk in my life....so I'm not eating it until Easter...EXCEPT for on Sundays.
Sooooooooo if you happen to see me
 binge eating
 treats at the hospitality table at church...do not judge me!!! 
 I'm just doing my own thing (with Lashae) because I don't know all the rules, but I know that there can not be one bad thing about giving up junk in my life...whether it be food or otherwise.
THAT's MY PLAN. 

I landed on the whole "junk" food conclusion, because I love sugar and treats and fast food. 
 I crave bad food. 
 I wake up wanting a cookie witih my coffee! 

It is symbolic to me....

I want to crave only things that are good and life giving and healthy for me.



Jesus tells us He is the bread of life.

John 6:35

English Standard Version (ESV)
35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

 He fills us up to overflowing, he is all satisfying, he is all we need.
We must crave Him and only Him and not all the other stuff that is fake filler.
We must spend time with him and not just be satisfied with fast fake food.

 I need to "crave" more of Him and His word and time with Him.
 It's time to do a little Spring cleaning and clear out the junk, and  learn to let Him be my only food source!

I'm sure I will return to some diet coke after Easter, but I hope to change my appetite, and my cravings, .
All the way around,
  I want to crave better things!

 I can't imagine any damage will be done to my faith or my thighs if I do a "lentish" sort of thing without knowing all the details and history of what goes into Lent.

The bottom line is, 
I just had a little talk with Jesus and this is what we came up with.
 It's really that simple. 

I also took Facebook off my phone.
Now I won't be scrolling  through it on my phone  while eating a cookie to avoid cleaning the kitchen or paying bills

I think this will be a blessing to everyone in the family.  :)


**************************************************************  
*******************************************************************

Lashae and Maubry
are coming to visit at the end of this month for Spring Break.
Eeeeeeeeek!
I am so excited I can't even stand myself.  I bought Moo and Maubry matching jammies for the occasion.
I miss these Bowen girls so much it literally HURTS in my chest sometimes.
 I need to rub Lashae's baby bump and introduce myself to baby #2.
Her and I have a lot in common already...I was baby girl #2 in my family as well.



Lashae is on the same lentish program I am....so we will have to find something else to do besides  going through every fast food drive-thru in town.
. This is one of the things we seriously enjoy together.
  Driving around with babies sleeping in the back of the suburban, and hitting all the favorites stops.
We start with yummy coffee and end on diet coke,
 in one trip to town.


 We might have to put an awesome salad together for us to enjoy. ugh.
 I sure hope the Lord does change my cravings by then, because that just sounds blah right now.  :)

*****************************************************************
*********************************************************************

At the very end of this month, Charlie, Kole, and I are going to Texas to attend the
 Verge Conference. 
 I am beyond excited and scared to death.
 It is a Christian conference with all my favorites.
*favorite worship music, favorite speakers, favorite state, favorite weather*
 favorite favorite favorite.

This conference is about how to live on mission for 
Jesus!
FAVORITE!!!

The part that scares me, is when we go to these things, we know our lives had better look different at the end of it. 
 Why would we go get all this information and valuable teaching and get all pumped up if we aren't going to make some changes and use it in our lives?
You know I'm married to Mr. "Go big or go home".

The last big conference we went to was about
 "adoption"
 and we all know how that turned out.  

 I'm excited about what the Lord has for us.
**********************************************************************
That's pretty much the update. 
NOW
I'm going to go eat a plain 'ole apple.  
ick.
Have I ever told you I do NOT like fruit.
Now if that little sweetie was in a pie...I would be all over it, but it's not.
   

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I love your crazy brain. It's quite familiar! :)

marlece said...

BRAVE, you are BRAVE!!!! Oh, so exciting, every single bit of it! On the move and headed right towards more of Jesus, gotta love that!