Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Isaiah 55:8-9

English Standard Version (ESV)
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

    neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.





There has been some things that have been such a mystery to me.  Things that I know were ONLY the work of the Lord. 
 Things he has brought us to.
  Things He has led us to do,
 and YET...they turn out totally different than we could have ever imagined. 
Some of it turned out better than we could have ever imagined but very different and sometimes much harder and even  felt disappointing.

I have to remind myself to just walk in obedience and not get in the way with my own ideas of how it should go or turn out or the timeline in which it should be done.

I think so many times we DO the thing that the Lord leads us to, and then we expect it to be this beautiful glorious ending.  I think more times than not...it's a struggle and hardship.  We don't get to see the end of the story until we are in GLORY.  We just have to live our lives fully submitted and TRUSTING in HIM who does know the ending.

I don't know what the Lord is preparing me for, but He has reminded me and shown me this truth again lately.

I am working on just trusting Him step by step and not trying to write the end of the story or my version of how it will go.

I think of marriage and raising children and adoption and church and ministry and it is never how we think going into it...it's always so much harder and always so much better than we could have ever imagined.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the encouragement from God's Word! God uses you to bless me a lot in this journey thru life, marriage and adoption. I first started following your blog when you were fundraising for your adoption. Since then we adopted 3 from Ethiopia, and you blog has been an encouragement to me on the many hard days. I just want to thank you for remaining faithful to HIM! You are a long-distance mentor to me :-)
Blessings to you!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, that last comment was so sweet. I've learned that these 'distant' friendships are from the Lord and so appreciated. Don't you love how the Lord connects us?

Well, I'd say your cup runneth over at this very moment, super happy about that. YES!