Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I Am Loved

John 15:8-10

English Standard Version (ESV)
By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

We need to believe we are loved.  I get to see up close and personal how sad it is when someone doesn't believe they are
 "LOVED".

Whether we believe it or not, whether we act like it or not, whether we embrace it's power or not, we are LOVED by God.

1 John 4:9-11

English Standard Version (ESV)
In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

We say we believe that, but do we REALLY truly believe that????


I have seen and lived and loved kids that have been hurt abandon and rejected and there are days when they can not bring themselves to believe they are loved.  You can see it in their eyes on the days they just can't
 RECEIVE the love.
 They remember hurt and rejection and react to that memory instead of reacting to
LOVE. 
 I get all frustrated with it, and then I look at myself.
 God's love is perfect and complete and never changes and never fails....and I still act unloved half the time.  When I act like a jerk or scared of my own shadow it's because I don't truly believe that I'm loved.
 I act like I have to make my own way in this world rather than trusting in the LOVE of my Heavenly Father to take care of everything and LOVE me. 

We get so caught up in how much "we love God".
 But even THAT comes from Him and we can't do any sort of
"LOVE"
 without Him...
He is LOVE
...and so we better start believing and acting like the loved children that we are.
  Children that truly believe and live in the TRUTH that they are LOVED act very different from children that are believing the lies and the hurt of the world of
 ABANDONMENT and REJECTION.

Also, if we believe there is one thing we can do as God's children to earn His LOVE then we aren't really believing we are LOVED.
We are LOVED no matter what we do....His LOVE is NOT dependent on US....His LOVE never changes....it's us that wakes up on some days and feels and acts UNLOVED.

 He is LOVE and He never CHANGES!

Deuteronomy 31:6

English Standard Version (ESV)
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you.
 He will not leave you or forsake you.”



1 comment:

marlece said...

so true, and so grateful that you have seen to it that these babes can have a small sense of Jesus love by your act of love right here on this earth. I don't think any of us can truely embrace His amazing love fully but I'm willing to try. (smile)