Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord.

God is so good to me and I can tell you He very lovingly "teaches" me things that I need to be taught.  He opens my eyes and my mind to change my heart.  He is pretty strict with me :)  Either THAT, or I have a lot of opinions and blindness that He needs to change and heal in me.  Only He can open the eyes of my heart.

I am not talking about sin.  Sin is something so clear in the Bible and yes He deals with that too, but what I'm talking about is ignorance or misunderstanding.

Here are a few examples of things the Lord has dealt with me on:

Example 1 =  My sister had a dog that was like a family member to them.  This dog got a tumor on her head.  I thought it was nuts for them to spend money on a surgery for a dog.  That VERY week, that I expressed that STUPID opinion, Charsie's little dog got chewed up and spit out by a big dog.  I personally rushed that dog to the vet and begged them to do whatever they could to fix the dog, I did not care WHAT it cost.

Example 2 = I used to THINK "food allergies" were dumb.  I didn't really express this opinion out loud, but I would give an inward eye roll when I would hear about food allergies.  I just thought the person with the allergy didn't really "like" the food, so they claimed an allergy.  Then God gave me Luke, who was severely allergic to many foods.  Luke no longer has food allergies because God also brought us to a natural Dr. that could help Luke, and now I often tell people with food allergies of our experience and I have great compassion.

Example 3 = Eczema.  My old way of thinking, "put on some lotion for Pete sake".  Then I got Reece who had horrible eczema.  I NOW have compassion and I understand it is not a matter of good lotion application.  :)

Example 4 = Kids that spoke their mind and voiced their questions ALL THE TIME.  Anyone who knows Reece does not need further explanation.  I now have such a love for kids with this kind of passion and honesty that I'm drawn to these types of  kids vs. being irritated by their "boldness" and "loudness".

God knows my heart and He knows what needs changed and how to change it.

Here is my current "heart change":

I have not understood people that could disrupt an adoption.  (adoption disruption, for those of you who don't know is when a child has been adopted into a family and it just doesn't work....there are many reasons for this sad event).  I just didn't "get it".  Now, we are smack dab in the middle of caring for a family that is going through an adoption disruption.  We can totally see what happened and we have such compassion and understanding on this broken family.  We believe what they are doing for this child is the best for all involved.  I could have not have said that before, and now that my mind and heart have been opened and changed I know that this is true.  Our hearts are broken for a family that is broken, and our hearts are also full of thanksgiving to God for letting us be a part of the restoration of this family.

Restoration, in the form that we get to adopt another child into our family (yay) and by doing that...... we are allowed to be a part of helping a family and a child heal.  They just get to heal separately. 

Pretty amazing how God works!!!!  Praise God.

I will announce our newest addition soon.  

4 comments:

The McKinnon Crew said...

Love, love, love this post....love, love, love your family...love, love, love our LOVING GOD!

Lashae Bowen said...

Woot woot! God is pretty funny isn't he?? Oh the lessons he teaches us.

Anonymous said...

open the eyes of my heart Lord, this is a fact. I remember when Hans use to say to me, "Never say never...God hears it and then that is His next mission" '

I'm excited to meet Mik, congratulations Jenay!

Shauna said...

How did I miss this post??????

Woke up praying for the whole situation again! Excited!