Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Hellos and Goodbyes


 Charsie and I sneeked off to Kah-Nee-Tah with Reece and Maezie a few weeks ago. 
 Little did I know God was just giving me a day for exactly what I always need before we bring a
 "new one" 
home.

 With everyone of my kids God has blessed me with some sunshine and relaxation.
 It just gives me the energy and the frame of mind I need to labor.   






The cutest kids!!!!!



I wrenched my back a bit yesterday as I was "nesting" and cleaning out stuff and moving furniture around and making room in this house for more "life". 
 Charsie and I worked hard and we all ready. 

 As a result, I feel like I have had back labor for about 24 hours.  haha. 
 I wouldn't want to add a child to our family without some physical labor and some stretch marks. Right?  :) 


I really believe if God waited to make changes until I felt ready.....nothing would ever change because I would never FEEL ready.  I thank God that He does not base His gifts or His timing on my
 FEELINGS.


 We recently welcomed Kole home and then had to turn around just a few days later and say goodbye again (only for a month, thankfully).  I have that familiar ache back in my heart that takes up residence when my chicks are not in my nest.  






This picture tells a story.....Rebecca is one of my bestest friends EVER.  We have done a lot of life together. We have ran more miles and prayed more prayers together than I can even count.
  Our kids have grown up together.
 Wouldn't you know that God knows all this and cares for each one of us.  He knows what to do to make our mama's hearts feel comfort and joy even as we have to say good bye again. He put our 2 kids that  got the same scholarships but are attending 2 different colleges on the same schedule. He saw fit to put them on the same flight to leave to go do their summer training together.  THAT my friends is just a gift, a gift to me a gift to my son and a gift to my friends.
We got to stand in the airport together and hug and wave at our kids.





 Kole and Taylor.  They are fun and goofy and strong and silly and smart.



I already can't wait for these 2 to get home!!!

As I'm saying goodbye to one kid-o, I'm making room for the next one. 
 Life is wild and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!


 Wild and full of LOVE!!!!

God is so good!!!


4 comments:

Shelly said...

I love you friend. I have a heavy heart for you and Rebecca that you had to say goodbye so soon after Kole and Taylor got home. It's wonderful that the Lord has them on the same path. Can't wait to meet the newest edition to the Brewer bunch!

marlece said...

great pictures! I love every bit of it. Playing, working, enjoying....look forward to hearing about the next!

The McKinnon Crew said...

You always know just what to say and how to say it, friend....I love you!

Shauna said...

Update pleaseeeeeeee!!!!! Fb me! Is he here?/there??