Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Boo for Pride

I was born into a Christian family and was raised in a Christian home.
  It really is the most blessed life on the planet.  God is so amazing and so alive and faithful.
 I grieve the years that I knew Him, but didn't pay much attention to Him.
 UGH.
  I was missing out big time.  I'm so glad He never left me and He just kept drawing me back.
 He is so good and patient.

As a young girl and still today, I have listened to and  admired  people that are living to glorify God.
 I love watching people  that God can use to do amazing things in the name of Jesus. I have seen God do great things through ordinary people, that are willing to be used..... and I have also seen some of these people fall HARD right in the midst of their ministry.

 It happens in ministry and in life many times and it is heartbreaking. I think of Judus (who betrayed Jesus) and to think that he walked with Jesus for over 3 years just like the other 11 disciples.
  He saw the same miracles and heard the same teaching and he still betrayed Him.
  This reality terrifies me.

I have been asking the Lord in my time with Him....How does this happen?  How can He let this happen?  It is heartbreaking to me...I can't imagine what it does to Him.

I have been pleading with God to show me, teach me, protect me, because I know I'm the
 WORST
 at wandering off track. 

Here's what I was shown this morning in my Beth Moore Bible study homework:

***side note***

I love Beth Moore but I don't put her on a pedestal well at least I try not too  It's hard because she is so dang good at what she does.  .I know it is God and God alone working in her.  It would be unfair to elevate her, because that is what causes so many to fall or stray.   

"They begin to believe their own press"...and that my friends is Bethy's own words!!
****

Here's what 2 Chronicles 26:5 and 16 say about King Uzziah.  

He set himself to seek God in the days of Zechariah, who instructed him in the fear of God, and as long as he sought the Lord, God made him prosper.

**yay...he's on track doing good and seeking God**

16 But when he was strong, he grew proud, to his destruction. For he was unfaithful to the Lord his God 

**boo...dang PRIDE got him.  It ends horrible...he does his own thing his own way and God strikes him with leprosy and he dies and is remembered for the leprosy.

I have seen and have personally experienced God and His work.
  There is no high like the Most High!!!
 I beg Him to help me to remember to point to
 GOD AND GOD ALONE
 when He chooses to use me and allows me to be a part of something He is doing.

Pray for the people you look up to in the faith - your leaders, and pastors and teachers and missionaries,

 PRAISE GOD

 for them!!! And

 PRAISE GOD

 for using them and

 PRAISE GOD

 with them, 
but don't praise them, it's not fair to them.  

Respect them, encourage them, support them, love them, help them, cheer for them,
PRAY FOR THEM,
 but don't praise them or their work it is God and it is HIS WORK.  

GOD WILL NOT SHARE HIS GLORY!!!!

PRAISE GOD CHURCH!!!!  AMEN!!!!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

YES!!!!!! Don't praise them - praise HIM!!!!! SO good. God help us all.

Jessie said...

YES! All days, all ways praise HIM!! To HIM be the glory! <3 <3 <3 <3