Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Break


I just got back from an incredible vacation.
  It was better than a luxury cruise or an all-inclusive resort.





Me and the kids loaded up and went to SEE MAUBRY and Lashae and Chaney!!!!!!!

It was a 17 hour  drive to get my hands on my grand baby.

Pretty sketchy roads for much of the way...
but she was worth every minute and every mile.



We, of course as is tradition, picked up people along the way.  
We picked up my cousin's daughter Brittany, and she was a rock star. 
She drove from the time we picked her up at
 3:30am  until 9:00am when we arrived at our destination.
She is a Montana girl and she knows how to drive FAST on bad roads.

  Brittany is close to my heart...she lived with us for 5 months a couple of years ago,
 and I can not get enough of this girl.

Between me and Charsie and Brittany all driving that car never sat in park longer than 15 minutes.


We had a great visit with the Bowen Family!!!


We got to go to Chaney and Lashae's church....we loved it. 
 The pastor had a message that was exactly what I needed to hear that day.
  God is good to allow me to go all the way to Montana and give me a special message.  :)

The kids played games and we exercised....and we did hair...and we played babies.....and we swam. 


 We mostly just spent time together. 
 We have all missed this Bowen family a TON!!!!




I didn't get any pictures of Chaney...he was working long hours.
  He has a great job and he is getting to do what he is enjoys the most...working with cattle.

Charlie flew out to Montana to drive his family home....I think he was afraid we may not come home if he didn't
 "help" 
motivate us to come back.  :)

I have to testify to once again to God's goodness, 
and His kindness to me.

I had prayed awhile ago that the Lord would help us sell a pickup that we had been trying to sale, so we could take our road trip to Montana and still have a little breathing room in the
 'ole check book.

Literally, as I was leaving town I deposited a check from the sale of that pickup.  

I just love that the Lord hears our prayers and He provides.
  I believe the timing was significant to remind me that it was HIM who provides. 
 I know that our relationships with one another are important to Him because He BLESSES the time we spend together.
  He has blessed me and provided for me, so many times, to allow me to see my kids frequently even when we are separated by many miles.


2 comments:

Lashae Bowen said...

Best spring break ever by far!!! So much goodness :)

Shauna said...

Just sat down to catch up on blogs! Love all these pics of Mau!! And your new son! I have a New Nephew!!!!!! I love what you wrote about mothering other peeps kids - ha.