Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Turn Back or Go Forward


Philippians 3:12-16

English Standard Version (ESV)

Straining Toward the Goal

12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. 16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained.


Turn back or move forward?

This is the question that rings in my head a lot these days.  

I have had a habit in passed years and current days of getting lost when I run and drive.
  If I am on a trail and with a friend (especially Rebecca) I can get LOST.
  I mean LOST. 
 I have been lost for hours and hours at a time.
 (sorry Rebecca....it's just the truth  :))
 You would think if I just turned around and went back where I came from (which I have tried MANY times) that I could figure it out.
 This is not how it works.
  Getting LOST is just that....you aren't sure HOW you got where you are.  I have called Charlie many times and told him I was lost....his response is, "Where are you?".....
Seriously honey,

 IF I KNEW THAT I WOULDN'T BE CALLING!!!!


  There is no way to turn around and retrace my steps because I'm never sure how I got where I am.  There have been so many times I felt lost....turned back....got more lost and more confused...to only realize LATER...much later...had I kept moving FORWARD...I would have popped out pretty close if not exactly where I needed to be.

I'm using this as a life lesson. 

 I think we can always learn from the past.  And we can look back to remember.
 Remember, how lost we are, and how faithful God is.
  Remember how we are prone to the wrong path and HE is THE ONLY WAY.
 I must remember and  NOT go back and repeat the same mistakes or try to retrace my mistaken steps.
 I want to move forward in faith.
   There will be mistakes and wrong paths taken for sure, but hopefully it won't be the same 'ole ones and I will be seeing and learning new lessons while moving forward.

Romans 5:1-3

New Living Translation (NLT)

Faith Brings Joy

Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look
 forward
 to sharing God’s glory.
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Forward movement! In Faith! Yes!

Jessie said...

I love this! I needed to hear it! Love you Jenay!

marlece said...

This you do so well, the faith moving forward thing. You keep 'er up, I love the faith in you.