Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, March 18, 2013

It's Official. :)


The sweatshirt says it all!!!! 


 I have a new son.  
His name is Claiborne and I didn't give birth to him or fill out stacks of adoption paperwork....but, he calls me Mama and that makes it official enough for me.


I have a habit of trying to "mother" other people's kids....and I do my darnedest, but most of the kids I try to "mother" already have  mothers who are loving  their job and are quite amazing at it, and they honestly don't need my help.
  Although they are gracious enough to "share" their kids with me occasionally.

I have claimed Claiborne as my own because he stole me heart even before I knew him.  
 I was praying for this kid as soon as I learned he was a friend of Kole.
  If you are a friend of my kids.....I'm praying for you....that's just the deal.

God has blessed my kids with some amazing friends!!!!





Claiborne calls me Mama now....AND HE EVEN TEXTS ME BACK. 
 Did you hear that KOLE??!!!!! 
 When I texted both my boys to make sure they made it back to college safe and sound....guess who texted back????  

My new son!!!!




My teenagers!!!




We had a fun week.  I enjoy Kole more every time he comes home. 
 I love when these kids grow up, and they come home with such a new level of gratitude. 

Kole has always been pretty grateful....but NOW he's even more so. 

Charsie and I cooked  and baked ourselves into a tither everyday that these boys were home, and it was so worth it because they totally appreciated it.

These boys stuffed themselves full of all the food and fun they could handle in 1 weeks time.


God was faithful to plant many good seeds and allow these boys to be  surrounded by so much love and support from 
MANY.

They had many divine appointments
.....in between the shooting and riding and tree chopping.......

Redeemer House night celebration.
Breakfast with Tom.
Dinners with friends.
Visits with grandparents.
Road trips to the middle of nowhere.
Church on both Sundays.



Praying for God's love to surround these boys every day  and for them to be

GOOD SOIL.


Mark 4:3-9

English Standard Version (ESV)
“Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it. Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil. And when the sun rose, it was scorched, and since it had no root, it withered away. Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain.And other seeds fell into good soil and produced grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.” And he said, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”





3 comments:

Lashae Bowen said...

You have the coolest kids :)

Farm School Marm said...

I love it! Jenay, you are such a good mama to SO many! Claiborne is a lucky boy -and I know you feel blessed too! (LOVE the texting poke!)

The McKinnon Crew said...

It was so fun to see Kole & meet Claiborne...hope they come back soon!