Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Feb. 1st- One Year Ago

One year ago today....Feb 1st.  I told Charlie very early in the morning that I was pregnant.  His response:  he just walked off, I asked where he was going....he said he had to pray! 
 Well, that is not a fairytale response, but it was a good response.
  I think when we are thrown a curve ball, good or bad, rain or shine, at all times, in response to ALL news, we should pray. 
 Then we proceeded with our day, he headed off to work I went about my day.  When I got to the computer I had a couple of URGENT e-mails from our Uganda lawyer.  She was desperate to get ahold of us because we got a court day...yahoo...the only problem is we had to leave THE NEXT DAY!!!  I called Charlie with the second news of the day. 
 His response:  get the tickets, let's just do it!!  We knew the court day would be sometime soon, we were praying for that, but you usually have a couple of weeks notice. Not us, not this time.
 God LOVES to surprise us with gifts and blessings and He was having a ball with us that particular day.
 I remember being completely elated and overwhelmed!
 So we bought our tickets and figured out that my sister who was leading a team of women on a mission in Uganda, had a luggage disaster!
 5 of their pieces of luggage which included a very important wheelchair apparatus for a child with cerebral palsy did NOT make it.  The luggage was full of donations, medical supplies, and essential items that they had gathered to bless the orphans of Uganda with.
 And as the Lord would have it....we got to take this luggage..EVERY LAST STINKIN piece of it to them in Uganda, in time for them to do the mission that they were in the midst of.
  I'm telling you the Lord had a plan down to the very bag.  It was astounding just watching the events unfold before our very eyes.  It was a total gift from the Lord, He was showing me His faithfulness, and His care EVERY time that I would begin to panic about anything, He was showing me in VERY tangible ways that He was in TOTAL control, and the only thing I had to do was be obedient to the things He put in front of us and to keep our eyes directly on HIM.
 Every airport was a question for me, from God, if I was going to trust HIM.  I did not have the strength or the faith..I was sick sick sick from pregnancy, and over exhaustion, and He met me with His grace and strength at every step of the way, and He brought along this humungous luggage that we carted around to remind me who was in charge and who was orchastrating EVERY move we made.  When we reached Uganda and EVERY piece of our 7, yes 7, pieces of checked FREE luggage had made it ,I just had to laugh out loud.  My faith was so small and He was working with me.
Praise God for His faithfulness and His love and patience.  

4 comments:

Shauna said...

And so thankful was I! He cares about it all!

Farm School Marm said...

What a beautiful post! God is faithful all of the time - and who would miss that ride for anything??! Love your blog - it inspires me!

Rachel Goode said...

I still can't believe you were pregnant when I met you! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story!!!