Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October 2011 Highlights


I'm here to tell ya...life has been good!!  I'm just going to give picture highlights to recap...I could write a post about each event, but then I would never get caught up...so I'm giving the highlights...


Our friends brought these precious treasures home to their forever family!  It makes my heart jump with joy to see these kids be adopted...but not just to any family, to a great, Jesus loving, kid loving family who happen to be our friends.  SCORE!!!!  God is so much fun!!!

My sister and 3 of her boys came to meet Maezie and also to watch Kole play football.  Of course, we packed in a FULL week-end of crazy fun.  Maezie barely survived all the slobber  I mean love by my sister...she kissed her until she was raw.  Maezie loved every minute of it, and so did my sis...I think her hubby hates me right now because I'm sure my sis is at home trying to convince him for just 1 more baby.  Hehe.

Charsie made it to state in Cross Country...yep she's a stud!!!  She's quite a runner.  She placed 6th in the district, and her team placed 1st.


Kole's football team made it to the play-ins..pretty fun especially since this is his Senior year.  The boys are a very close team...a bunch of very cool boys that are so fun to watch and just plain fun to be around and root on in everything they do.

Charsie and her friends were ninjas for Halloween.  They had more fun than the little kids.  It was fun listening to them.  They couldn't end the fun, so the girls came to spend the night and giggle some more...I LOVE THIS!!!  I've been missing Lashae soooooo bad, I needed an overload of girl laughter and last night I got my fix!  I still miss Lashae, but I feel like I may live until Thanksgiving, but if I don't get my Lashae fix then....I may die.  Just sayin'.
The most precious pumpkin on the planet!!!!  She is so sweet she's more like pumpkin pie.



Here's the Halloween kids....Esther is wearing a costume my Grandma made for Lashae about 10 years ago...it blessed my heart to have her wear this...my Grandma was THE BEST and she would love to have seen Esther wearing this costume that she made.  Luke was a nerd...enough said...Kennedy..(my other daughter) ;)  was a gypsy..Charsie a ninja and Reece a football player.


Esther had NO idea what was going on and what Halloween was, but she LOVED it, and thinks it's pretty cool to go door to door and get candy.  She's all in, let me tell ya.


We are having fun with these kids that God has so generously blessed us with...I don't know what I would do with my hubby if he didn't have all these kids to play with...he is such a kid himself he would drive me crazy if it were just him and I, so I'm  glad God saw fit to bless us with MANY years of raising MANY kids.  It just doesn't get any better than this!


Seriously!!!!

4 comments:

Lashae Bowen said...

love love love this post. I was literally laughing outloud. Luke had an AWESOME nerd costume. Esther...oh esther...I think the hair is what got me haha. Maezie. Oh what a precious pumpkin. Chars was the best looking ninja of them all. Roo...stud. and adorable. Kennedy, well hers just seemed to fit haha ;) and Kole and dad flexing, classic. You are right, dad needs all these kids just so he has someone to play with! God is so smart ;) And talk about needing a fix... I NEED my dang mom!!!

marlece said...

great comments on all happenings, I'll bet Esther was loving all of that hair!Top Model, I must say! And yes, look forward to more fun at Thanksgiving....just sayin'....

The McKinnon Crew said...

Love it all! You have to send me that picture of me with the twins!

Shauna said...

I love Luke's costume! All of them look great! I love that you love being a mom of many - more people should be, don't ya think???