Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

God Heals

I'm just going to lay out very simply a chain of events..to give Glory to God, and to remember, so that when I'm struggling to understand something, or feel like God can not hear my prayer...I can look back and remember, He is faithful and He is a healer...it is a Memorial Box  event.  To put down what God has done and remember and in the hard times....just remember and be thankful.

Friday, November 4th, 2011...Kole is playing in a high school football game in Ontario...it's the 3rd quarter and his knee gets dislocated....it's ugly...and it hurts...there are witnesses....the coach, Charlie, the paramedic...we have it on film...the knee was totally out of joint....it goes back in by itself, Kole feels major relief, and is able, with help, to get off the field and get on the bench to watch the rest of the game and ice his knee.

Sunday, November 6th, 2011...We decide to pray over this knee, do as it tells us in God's Word and just lay hands on Kole and pray, I mean, what can it hurt to ask our Father in heaven for healing, He is the Healer.  It was simple and right to the point and totally football like, nothing elegant or fancy...Ben, his football buddy and friend said a prayer, a few others prayed as well, and  we all agreed.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011...I take Kole to the Orthopedic Surgeon.  He is a well known awesome Doctor that has been doing this for many years.  He is gifted at his practice and he has done many surgeries  for our extended family and our friends.  He is an answer to many prayers prayed over our family and friends.  We trust him and his work, he is a kind and gifted Dr.

So....here's how it goes in the Dr. office:

Dr. :  So you dislocated your knee huh?

Kole:  Yes sir.

Dr.:  Checks knee out pushes and prods....pokes and manipulates.  He questions Kole again, "Are you sure you dislocated it?"

Kole: Oh yes.

Dr.:  What makes you think it was dislocated?

Kole:  Describes in detail what it felt like and looked like.

Me:  We have it on film and Charlie was queasy it was so deformed looking...

Dr.:  Charlie went on the field?

Me:  Yes, along with the coach and the EMT.  Everyone saw it.  It was completely dislocated..we have a film of it.

Dr.:  Checks knee out one more time...backs up and says...this knee DOES NOT act like a knee that has been dislocated...it's tender in areas and swollen, but when you dislocate a knee you tear stuff, and this knee feels solid as a rock...not shifting, no looseness.  It just doesn't make any sense...Nothing is making sense about this knee...hmmmm....well, how about you take 3 weeks off..no jumping, no running, no lifting, and then come back.  I don't think you need an MRI, I just don't feel like it's a knee that has any ligament tares. I will look at it in 3 weeks and if I think you need a MRI at that time we can do it then.
 
Me: In the corner of the room with a funny grin on my face...giggling to myself and knowing that I just witnessed God doing something so sweet for my son.  He healed him and gave him 3 weeks rest!  How cool is that.

Me and Kole went practically skipping out of that office and we got in the car and realized something very cool had just happened.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Yes! Our Lord is a Mighty Healer. He has shown His healing power in our family oh so many times.

Rejoicing with you, in the MIRACLE that He has done!!!


Laurel :)

marlece said...

tissue please!!! I love that He shows up, I just love it!! I'm so grateful He seen fit to heal Kole what another testiment to His AMAZINGNESS!

Tawnya said...

Oh my goodness. That is so AWESOME. God is good so very good ALL the time. I love this post. I actually love all of them. I get to comment cuz the babes are asleep;)shhhhhh Love you Kole man so happy for you. Aunti T

Kathy said...

Wow! I love hearing about our God at work, doing what he does, blessing out socks off when we really trust Him. What a great Memorial Box story! What a great evidence in Kade's life that our God is amazing!