Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Bridal Showers







Esther said it best last night when she said.....Lashae has 2 blessings...I said yes indeed, but what do you mean....she says...she has had 2 bridal showers in one week.  It is true...our entire family has been blessed AGAIN!!!  We had a bridal shower that her brides maids gave her last Sat., and then last night a dear friend from church and from Bible study gave her a Bible study ladies shower and oh my ....what a blessing.

These are 3 of the 5 bride's maids...Syney, Lashae, Brooklyn, and Charsie.  Each of these girls ARE THE BEST EVER!!!  They are such good friends and sooo good to eachother, and totally in love with Jesus!!! 

The shower Saturday was wonderful, we had friends and my oldest sister came and brought her 4 boys for the weekend, and we always have a BIG GRAND time when we are together.  The kids played until they dropped.

   My sister's 3rd son...Corvan....had an accident on a 3-wheeler and ran his hand and foot into a pole....oh that precious boy...he was soooo brave.....he ended up with a 5 hr. stay in the E.R. and 8 stitches, and several x-rays, and FINALLY some pain medicine.  The Lord is good and if we have to make trips to the E.R. I'm so glad the Lord gives us sisters...we prayed...we laughed...we cried....we got mad (because they were taking so long to give the little guy something for the pain)....we laughed at ourselves...we looked like the hill billy moms from the sticks....we had just came in from a walk and were cleaning up around the place and cooking for the bridal shower, so we were a mess to say the least.



Marlece...my sis being a typical DORK and Lashae cracking up...somehow, I don't think Casey ( who is on the right) thinks its nearly as funny!!  HEHEHE  What a fun group!!


This is Marlece, my oldest sister  ONE of Lashae's 5 Aunties...She is wonderful and so excited and helpful over the wedding planning..this is RIGHT up her ally.  She made the LONG trip with 4 boys and spent 5 hours that morning with her son in the E.R. and you would never know it...she shows up to the party looking beautiful and just a bright light of fun and joy.




This is how the boys got Corvan from place to place...so he could still play the next day and didn't miss a thing.



Here is a sign that Jenny (Esther's VERY good friend) and Esther made for the shower.

We are the proud mamas...We are both soooo excited to have our kids join together in marriage...I'm not loosing a daughter, but gaining a son, and Vicci, is not loosing a son, but gaining a daughter, which comes with 6 siblings..and Vicci is AWESOME with it all.  She has already taken them ALL under her wing and lovin' on them.  When we were gone to Africa Vicci had the whole crazy bunch over and fed them and loved on them.




This is Brayden..my nephew and Charsie's best friend, and him and Charsie went riding while they were here. This awesome kid just took over and help put the shower together while Marlece and I were at the hospital with Corvan. He helped Charsie and the other gals decorate...cook...clean...set-up chairs and tables. He is an amazing kid!!





Here is the Bible study shower...The beautiful lady behind Lashae is Denise..she put the shower on in her home and has been such a blessing to our family for many years.


The beautiful bride holding up the cake that Denise provided for the shower.  It was almost too beautiful to eat...but we did anyway!! My mom is on the left...Lashae's Meme!


Lashae with her sisters!




2 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh great... I am blubbering over these pics ... I am not ready for our little people to be big people. :) She is so beautifullllllll [insert blubbering].

marlece said...

thanks for this awesome post, I love Lashae, I love that she is in love, I love being apart, I love that you are the sis that you are to be there with Corv and I, I am in love, do you see that? I think I am the one blessed here, move over La you are sharing your blessing with your auntie!

(Oh, and why wasn't I invited to the other party too? Just kidding~ha!)