Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

You Just Have to Laugh!

I titled this "You Just Have to Laugh" because....OF COURSE it is not going to be smooth boarding the airplane with our Treasure Esther...of course there will be problems... and OF COURSE GOD IS GOING TO BRING US THROUGH!!!! Why would anything be different TODAY???


I get a call on the way home from church, on my cell phone...from Delta Airlines and a lady with a very heavy accent says to me that the flight from Uganda has been cancelled....I'm in shock....WHAT???? So, I ask over and over because I could not understand her and my head was buzzing.....WHAT do we do????? So, I finally understand...they have cancelled the flight that the team was on, and there was another flight that was a couple of hours earlier that they would be on....WHEW. This is GOOD....and actually, I already knew the flight had changed because that had happened weeks ago, so we knew they would be leaving a few hours earlier, but somehow the airline was making calls and telling people the day OF DEPARTURE...and calling it cancelled.

So, all was well, and I went about my day as soon as my heart rate came down to a normal level....then, about an hour later, Charlie calls and he is at the ticket counter and they can not find Esther's reservation in their system, Charlie has all the paperwork, but it's not showing up in the computer. Her confirmation is NOT coming up!!!

Holy smokes.........so, I get on the phone with the ticket agent in Uganda, and ask what to do....he advises us to buy a ticket because they have room and then deal with it later....O.k. ...I say just get that girl a ticket ALL the way to REDMOND... all the way HOME!!!! I get on the phone with Delta Reservations, to make sure of what is going on and find try to find out why her ticket is not showing up and get disconnected 3 times!!! I then get through, and they can see Esther's old reservation (that I had made on the 13th of March), but they can not tell me or figure out why it is not ticketed. So, I ask if they can see her new reservation that they just made at the ticket counter because I wanted to verify that she was ticketed all the way to Redmond, they could NOT find it!!!! I'm really sick of Satan by this point!!!!


So, the agent gets a supervisor and they change her reservation and show her original reservation as ticketed to make SURE and DOUBLE sure that Esther will have a ticket all the way through to Redmond. They have no explanation as to why this happened, just can't explain it.


I talked to Charlie one last time, they had tickets, they had passports and they had made it through security!! Praise God AGAIN!!!! He just keeps walking us through, but it is taking all the perseverance and patience and FAITH we can muster up at this point!!!! God is very GOOD TO BE FAITHFUL!!!


On a VERY fun note: You should have seen me leaving the church today, you would have to stop yourself and look again, to see if you could see me behind all the GIFTS ....Esther is soooo loved and she has a closet FULL of clothes now... Our plan was to go to wal-mart and get her a few things like underwear...socks...the essentials. Our church family BLEW me away again...this girl has every essential, plus, shoes (5 pair), plus coat, plus dresses, plus hair products!!!!! Can you believe it...I don't have to even go to Wal-Mart( this alone is a huge blessing to me), and this stuff is sooo much better than Wal-mart!!! As one precious lady, Nancy gave us a "starter kit to Esther's closet", which was tons of cute and useful and warm and darling things....she was walking away from the car and Charsie says...."That lady has style too mom, Esther is going to be looking GOOD!!!" I cracked up...it is true....God not only blessed us with awesome stuff for our girl....it is STYLISH!! Only our God goes the extra mile with His people...He did not equip me with style or the gift of shopping....so He even provided THAT!!!!! BLESSINGS!!!! BLESSINGS!!! BLESSINGS!!!

3 comments:

Welcome! said...

WHOA! You are gonna need a new photo for the masthead of your blog little Mama!

The McKinnon Crew said...

Wow...just wow! Will be glad when they are all here...what an amazing journey its been. See you at the airport tomorrow!

marlece said...

The Lord always comes thru even where we lack. I love that she is going to be a 'stylin', tell Chars to get ready so that we can do some 'Top Model' pictures at Easter,hahahah! Love this!