Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Children Of God" - Official Music Video



Excellent Video!!! It helps me address a few of the questions that I know people must have...and many times, I too have questioned.

1.) How can I love Esther the same as my birth children?? For me, I don't have the same feelings I have for my birth children, but I love her the same. Love is action, and I will DO the same for Esther that I do for my birth children. I know as I get to know her more and more and spend time together our feelings will come. The more time I spend with any child the more I bond with them, I feel a connection, I understand them. Well, for Esther, I haven't had that opportunity, but I LOVE her. I will provide for her, I will be responsible for her, I will take care of her, I will do everything I can to help her, SHE IS MY CHILD and has EVERY advantage..(or disadvantage hehe) that the other Brewer children have.

2.) Don't I have enough children already??? Well.......all I can say is God placed this daughter in our hearts and in our lives and I would never tell someone that they should get rid of a child because they have too many. I believe God planned THIS even before I was born just as He knew my birth children before I was born sooooooooo, who am I to question. Yes, we did choose this, we did make the conscience choice to adopt Esther and to say YES to what we believe God wants for us and for her. Also, I'm so glad that God will ALWAYS adopt us into His family and He has NEVER said He has enough....I realize I am not God, but we are to be like Jesus and Jesus says YES, he helps EVERYONE who asks, He accepts EVERYONE who asks to be His, I can certainly help and accept and adopt.

3.) How will we afford this many children??? Only with God. He owns everything and it says in His Word that He will take care of us, so I'm just believing that. I don't pretend to understand how it's going to work because it's a struggle already. It is a faith walk everyday!! I just trust the Lord and I know He provides for things He favors and He has OBVIOUSLY favored this adoption........so day by day we are just trusting Him, and He has just come through EVERYDAY! Without fail He has provided...

Matthew 6:25-34 (New International Version, ©2011)
Do Not Worry 25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

2 comments:

marlece said...

beautifully said sister...the Lord will and is blessing you for your obedience and the love you are willing to extend outside of your four walls. You have always done this and this is one of those times the Lord says, "this one will come thru your home to STAY, she is yours" I'm learning that when he wants to bless, the best thing He knows how to bless one with is LIFE!! He's entrusting you again...so awesome! Now hurry up and GET HER HOME!!!

Shauna said...

Missed this but so glad I caught up!

Beautiful and true.

Love you!