Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm Locked Up!

I'm locked up. I'm shut down. AND I didn't even know it.
*Could you answer this question. *
"What can I be praying for YOU about?"
I was posed with this question and it has haunted me for a couple of days...I can NOT answer it.
I can answer it for my kids, my husband, my friends, even my acquaintances and neighbors...but NOT for myself. This question has frustrated the crap out of me to tell you the truth. I know there are things that I could use prayer for...but, I do NOT know what they are or how to say them to God or to anyone who may want to pray for ME. I don't know where to begin and end honestly. I'm stumped. People that are shut down and not able to reveal even what they need to bring before the Lord are shut down and closed up....how can God answer our prayers if we don't even know what we need or what we are asking of Him.
An easy fall back is to just say....God's will.....I just want God's will, and that is TRUE and a good prayer, but He wants us to have intimacy with Him and with people, and in order to do that we must talk to Him, and we must share ourselves with a few friends, and not ABOUT EVERYBODY else. He wants to KNOW us. He already knows us, He is God, He can see into our very soul, but He wants us to cry out toHim, to talk to Him,to be close to Him. He wants us to know the things we are asking Him for, so that when He answers us HE GETS ALL THE GLORY! And that my friends is what GOD is all about...HE IS GOD, HE WANTS TO REVEAL HIS GLORY TO US. HOW BLESSED ARE WE...THAT THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE WANTS TO REVEAL HIS GLORY TO US AND THROUGH US.
Romans 8:16-18 (New International Version)
16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Present Suffering and Future Glory 18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Do you ever have a friend that knows everything about you, but does NOT share about themselves? It sucks, it's just a one-way friendship....we do it almost as a martyr, but it's really just a locked up, shut down person with a lot of WALLS. I've discovered...I"M ONE OF THOSE to my Lord. I know He loves me, but if I want something more out of this relationship, I'd better get unlocked, and geared up, intimate, vulnerable, and chatty with my Lord!!!

2 comments:

marlece said...

ugh, yah, well you know my thoughts on this one...and that is exactly what I say to the Lord pretty much about everything. Do I need to speak to Him?, He already know what I am going to say...I am learning it's a cop out and as you said it breaks intimacy with my Father. Great post, and in agreeance...it's time to COME OUT! ha!

Shauna said...

Detail it up! I am JUST learning about this in bb study too! We should chat about this and what our bbf told me this week! ;)