Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Withdrawl!!

Ok...so for the last 2 1/2 years this is what you would hear come out of my mouth 500 times a day...

Where's the binki
Who has the binki
Did you get the binki
Give him the binki
Grab the binky
We need to find the binki

Needless to say...it has been more of a security blanket for me more than Reece....so last night it is only me, Luke, and Reece at home. WE LOST THE BINKI!!! 2 hours solid searching....NO BINKI!!! I was in a complete panic....Reece however was walking along happily yelling, "Binki, binki," he was not panicked at all. So finally in complete exhaustion I decide to lay him and I down without the binki....I was expecting the worst. He was VERY chatty to say the least...but never once dropped a tear. He slept through the night...usually he loses it in the night and we search in the night...he did not wake up once. So this morning he did wake up a bit on the cranky side...and he was asking for his binki, but I decided we have made it through the worst, so I drove right by Wal-Mart and did NOT get a new one.

I picked Charsie up this morning and told her that we no longer have a binki and she was SO PROUD OF ME!!!! She said, "Good job Mom!!!"

I loved that, she was proud of me for doing it, and she was mostly proud of me for doing it without her.

We are now binki free!!! I wonder if I will just run out of diapers and then decide to potty train...I bet Charsie is hoping she is gone for that one too!!

3 comments:

Charsie said...

Mom, I LOVE this post! You were so strong! ;) Maybe one day I will accidently drop all the diapers in the burn barrel and then have to go babysit someones kids or go to a friends house! ;) THIS IS MY FAVORITE blog post! :D
Love ya,
Charsie Warsie

Shauna said...

Way to go! THey start out their security blanket and end up our - lol!

marlece said...

Oh how proud I am of you! That first step to recovering from an addiction is the first step to conquering.....you are on your way! I promise his teeth will start coming back together a little more, he really won't cry more because he DOSEN'T have the genkee. And he will all of the sudden look like 'he might have the potential to poop in the potty, they grow up soooooo fast.....ha!ha!