Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy 16th Kole!




Happy Birthday Kole!!! Today Kole David Brewer is 16 years old!!! Kole does not read my blog, so I can tell you what I REALLY think of this kid.




This guy is one of my favorite people in the entire world. He is amazing.




Every year with Kole gets to be more fun. I'm not kidding either...I truly enjoy him more and more the older he gets and the more independent and the more of his own person he becomes. The better I get to know who he is, the more proud I am of him.


Kole is sooooooo many things....he is BIG!!! He has a size 13 shoe. That is Crazy...my little baby has a size 13 shoe.
Kole is funny, he gets funnier and funnier the older he gets. He loves humor. Kole is SMART!!! This kid is scary smart in my book. He can read things and retain it like nobodies business. Kole is a very hard worker. He may not be the fastest worker, but that is because it is PERFECT when it is done. Whatever the job is....it is done PERFECT. Kole is loyal, Kole is moral, he is thoughtful, he is sensitive, and he is handsome.


Kole loves the Lord, he is very serious about God's Word. He is a student and wants to know learn as much as he can about it, and in it. He reads it with intensity, like he does everything. He asks for Bible studies with Mike McLane to be discipled by him.


He is a 3 sport athlete in school, and he can do about anything he tries. He will work at it until he gets it right. From the time he was very little he could show up at a baseball field coming straight from a rodeo with spurs on, head into the bathroom, and come out of the bathroom and be a baseball player. Cracks us up...it is still happening...the other day, he had football practice, a basketball game and a baseball banquet all in the same evening. Kole is fun and energetic and thoughtful....he is a friend, he is a boyfriend, he is a son, a grandson, a brother, a cousin.


He is so many wonderful things! I thank God for him he is such a blessing to me and our family and many others!!!





I'm so blessed that I get to be called his mom!




5 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh My Goodness - I am a loser Auntie - Please tell him I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY! He is an amazing kid and very proud of the man he is becoming!! WOW - 16 - where is the time going?

Laurel said...

Just discovered today that you had started your own blog. So ... I just spent an hour or so reading the whole thing. Yep. I did.

Loved reading about your family (and seeing the family pic). Loved hearing about the trip to Africa and how it has changed your sweet husband and daughter.

Fun to learn more about you and your dear family.


Laurel :)

marlece said...

I love this kid too, you have done an amazing job with him and you are right as he comes into his own he just keeps getting more amazing. I am in love with this kid, I. just. love. him!!!

Jenay said...

Laurel,

That picture that you like of our family....your amazing daughter took it. I love that girl. Our house is plastered in the pictures that she has taken for us!! She is such a blessing in so many ways.

Jenay

drillerbob said...

Kole is a great kid and you are right on when you say he is scary smart. Extremely bright, respectful, handsome and an all around great kid. You and Chucky have once again done an outstanding job! Love you all very much.