Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

I Believe; Help My Unbelief!

Reflections of 2018

This year has been quite MOVING!  We have moved and moved grown kids and friends
 (some of them multiple times) in 2018.

 We have covered a lot of ground and air in 2018!

Jan. - Started out with gaining the BEST DAUGHTER-IN-LAW in the whole wide world.  Yep, sorry world, she is taken and she is mine!  I love this girl and I love the way she loves Jesus and Kole and everyone else so well.

Soon after the wedding, we found out Lashae and Chaney were having twins! 

March - We took a trip to Montana to visit all the grown kids.  Upon much prayer and discussion, it was decided it was time to move to Montana and bring the family closer together
 (if even for a season.)

June 1 - We packed up the family and moved 950 miles away from all we knew. 




July - Charlie went to Uganda to visit our Ugandan family and attend a wedding.  
July 21 we welcomed twins to the GRAND pile, it was a day worth all the moves and adjustments to accomodate and be close to these gorgeous blessings!




August - We had my mom for a visit and got to celebrate her 70th birthday with her. 

Charlie and I got to go on a little get-away with friends to Couer D' Alene, ID.


 Sept  -  Football and Volleyball season and lots of adjustment to new everything. 

Brittany, my cousin's daughter, who I love like a daughter, got married in Montana, and we were there to celebrate and bless her and her family.

Oct. - We found out we were having another GRAND, but this time it's a Lynch model.  Eeeeeeeeeek!  

Nov. - We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with all the chicks (except for Claiborne 😭) in one nest for a few hours.

Dec. - Celebrated 29 years of marriage at a wrestling tournament in Sydney, MT. 
 Had Christmas and helped Bowen family move to WY.
 


This new year in 2019 I am focusing on the word BELIEVE, and saying to the Lord, 
"Yes, I BELIEVE; help my unbelief."

It baffles me how easy it is to BELIEVE in Jesus as my Savior for my eternal salvation, and yet, it seems to be a struggle to BELIEVE in Him for the daily, in the here and now.
We love and cling to the verse John 3:16, and it is a good one, the BEST!  It gives us a promise of God's love and eternity. 
Why do we often times skip the in-between believing?  We believe that Jesus came to reconcile us to God and to give us eternal life with Him in heaven, but do we believe that He is working in us and thru us every day that we are living right here, right now.

John 3:16

16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
I believe; help my unbelief.

Mark 9:23-24

23 And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”

Matthew 13:58

58 And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.


I don't want to limit the work of God in my life because of my unbelief.  May I believe and see God work in my life in 2019!


No comments: