Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Felt Like Home

The other night I felt like I was "home" for the first time in a very long time.  Me and Reece, Maezie, and Cellie went to watch Mik play basketball and then headed to a different school to cheer on Luke at a wrestling meet.  I found both schools without a problem, I knew where to park, and had an idea where to sit.  These may seem like little things, but when you end up (multiple times) sitting in the student section of the opposing team you feel so out of place BECAUSE YOU ARE!  I could hear people cheering for my kids and I knew the names of a few of the kids to cheer on as well.  I talked to some other parents and it wasn't just question and answer time for me to understand what I needed to know and them to try to understand who in the world this crazy bunch is.

Kole and Rachel and Jesse and Charsie all got off of work in time to come to the wrestling meet and show support. After the game, I went and picked Esther up from her job.  It was a fun night and it was super timely.  I needed to know things are in a bit of a rhythm before I leave.  I didn't want to leave thinking about how hard it might be for the kids left at home.  It's not that they "need" me so much, as they just need some sort of normal rhythm and familiar territory.
Cellie sometimes has to take a nap in the bleachers.

 Mik left a basketball team that was like a true brotherhood to him, and the wrestling team that Luke left was more like a family than a team. We can never replace what we left in Oregon, but it was fun to see the progress and potential we are feeling in the new.


Lashae and Grands are all coming to hold the fort down and honestly, she will do a better job than me, and the kids will enjoy her and the nieces so much, but I needed to know when they are off at their school and sports they aren't feeling lost or invisible.  I can leave knowing everyone is involved and supported outside of these 4 walls.

As we prepare to leave for Uganda I'm thinking of all that needs to be done and I get a bit overwhelmed, and then I think of all that God has done to get us to this point and I'm overwhelmed with His love and I embrace my weakness, because the more I say, I can't do this, the more I realize my need for Him; He swoops in and shows me that He can, and will do everything that needs doing.

It feels right to finally feel at "home" here, just before I leave to go "home" to Uganda.

No comments: