Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, July 6, 2018

God's Perfect Timing

A question that has sparked a lot of prayer and conversation over the years has been
*If you didn’t have to worry about money or time what would you do?*

The truth is that God our Father is in charge of time and money, so technically we don’t have to worry about it.

Most of us can’t even get past the money factor to even consider the time part of the conversation.

God has worked on me and worked on me with the “money” portion of this topic.  I don’t claim to have it conquered but I have experienced His faithfulness and provision in small things and huge ways that I can’t deny.
  One example that happened years ago, when God was really getting in my heart over His daily bread, His constant and faithful provision, that may seem so small to some, but I will never forget it.  We were broke and it was going to be a few more days before payday….I was at a sports event with the kids and the whole time I was there I was thinking about how I had no dinner plan and I didn’t have the money to stop in town and feed everyone. 
 I literally said out loud as we were walking back to the car….Lord, we are going to need you to make dinner tonight.  
I kid you not, I walked in the door of our house and there lay on the counter a whole bag full of fresh and warm and gorgeous tamales.  They had been delivered by a friend, for no particular reason and no warning.  Only God and I knew of our earlier conversation!
 
So now God seems to be hot on my trail to teach me some truths and give me some very personal experiences about His perfect timing. 
  
I have been in awe of His faithfulness in the timing of our move and all the details that go with such a big change.


Charlie is on his way home from Uganda and one of our biggest prayers during this trip is that God would give us some clarity on some decisions we have in the works.  The biggest part of the decisions seems to be about “timing”. 



 When I pray I often go over in my mind how God has timed some things so perfectly and personally I can’t help but to be encouraged and reminded again that He has us all in His plan and His time. 

Then the Lord did a fun thing the other day, just to show me AGAIN of His faithfulness.
I went on a run, and at the last minute decided to take a new route and swing on by Lashae’s house and surprise the Grands and get a drink of water.
When I walked up the steps to their house, I could see Lashae sitting at the kitchen table on her phone.
I knocked on the door and she started cracking up when she saw me.
I was confused as to what she was laughing about and she said she was sitting there texting me and pushed “send” on the text and she heard the knock.
Her text was to me, and it said….Becklee has spilled a glass of water; now what am I supposed to do?
  She was being funny and serious at the same time.  She wasn't super excited about getting her twin pregnant body down on the floor to clean a spill. 
It was a fun reminder that God’s timing is always perfect in the small details and the big things and He has a really fun sense of humor. 

I guess if He cares enough to have me on Lashae’s doorstep over a spilled glass of water,  and He can time the sun to rise and set at the perfect time everyday….He can have us where we need to be right on time, every time!

It may feel like complete chaos at times, but it's Him teaching us to look at Him, and trust Him not what we see, and not our own wisdom.


Psalm 27:13-14 English Standard Version (ESV)

13 
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living!
14 
Wait for the Lord;
    be strong, and let your heart take courage;
    wait for the Lord!

His plan and His ways are always better and always worth the waiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog. It's always so raw and real and true... I suppose that's because the Lord is the captain of your keyboard! Thank you