Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Moved Into Deeper Dependence

It was a few nights before we were to leave our home of 15 years and our community of a lifetime.  I started asking God some questions.  I mean, this whole time, all these years of waiting and wondering about what would happen with our place.  I felt like we had “learned our lesson,” we learned to depend on the Lord for our daily bread.  I know we didn’t learn or do it perfectly, but we definitely had a new and clearer understanding.  We learned to live and expect and celebrate the faithfulness of God.  I guess without really realizing it, I felt like when this season (of 8 years as it turns out) was over, and we got to move on to the next thing, that we would get to graduate from this lesson of dependence.

God so lovingly and directly cleared up that little misunderstanding.  I was asking why things were still hazy, there is direction FOR SURE, and solid ground everywhere we have stepped foot, but it’s as if we still can’t see the next step, it’s like we still have to walk in faith, and trust and depend on God daily.  I guess I kept waiting for the clouds to part and the path to be lit and all I had to do was run like the wind.  That is NOT what is happening. 

The direction is very clear for one foot to step forward at a time.

I was whining praying to God about how I was sure we had learned our lesson and now He could loosen the reign a bit, He could just give us our head (horse term) a bit.  In other words, I wanted some control back but I still wanted Him to hang close in case we needed Him to bail us out.

He just lovingly showed me that we have learned this lesson of dependence on Him, to keep walking in deeper dependence with Him.
  So yes, I guess I graduated to the next level of dependence.

I have been mulling this over in my head and thinking,
 “Is that even Biblical, or it that me just excusing myself from having a plan?”
*Charlie says our family has no plan, just events.*
Our send off!!

I thought of a race, because often times the Bible talks about our life in Christ as a race.  I have run a few marathons, and I can tell you when you get a few miles into it, you don’t get to put your legs on cruise control and sit back and enjoy the ride.  You have to keep moving those legs one step forward at a time.  I’ve never heard of someone hitting mile 20 and saying how much easier it is than mile 3.  It may get more exciting and the scenery may be more beautiful, and there may be more anticipation as you get nearer to the finish, but the further you run, the MORE you depend on the training you put in getting to this point. 

We are mostly settled and thrilled to be in Montana, near all the bigs and grands. 

We are moving forward daily and depending more and more on God’s grace and faithfulness to keep us going. 
 
Loaded!

Unloaded.



We were unloaded before we even arrived on Saturday; we went to church on Sunday and had a fun family dinner in our new space. 
I know this picture is chaotic but it's real life!
 Monday we hit the ground running to sports practices and a twin grand ultrasound….EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!

Life is full and it is GOOD!!!

1 Corinthians 9:23-26 New Living Translation (NLT)

23 I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.
24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing.

No comments: