Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Sunday, June 17, 2018


For Father’s Day I asked all the kids to give me 3 words that describe Charlie.
Here are their answers:

Cellie Joy: provider, protector, comforter
*she didn't give me words...the picture says it all* 

Maezie: helpful, strong, nice

Reece: loving, high achiever, discipliner

Mik:  good looking, fun, a little angry sometimes

Luke:  wise, strong, hard-worker

Esther:  hard working, loving with no questions, forgiving

Charsie:  hard working, funny, God-seeking

Kole: My best man.
 (Kole didn't give me words, but he had his dad give his best man speech at his wedding...so I filled in the blanks.)


Lashae:  dedicated, loyal, prayerful

Claiborne:  wise, strong, caring

Andule Simon:  hard-working, caring, God fearing
Patrick:  mentor, provider, overseer


I also asked each of the kids to tell me 3 of their favorite things about their dad.

Here are their answers:

Lashae:  He is such an encourager to all.
And I love the way he loves whoever God puts in front of him.  He can make the loneliest of people feel seen and heard and cared for.


Charsie:  The way he is a friend to all and his willingness to let anyone in his home. 
His excitement about people, and different cultures.
The way he chases Jesus with all His might.

Claiborne:  I always loved listening to Chuck’s stories.  I always saw him as a man amongst men.  And when he’s talking, you can bet that everyone is listening.  He has a remarkable presence.  I always saw Chuck as a wise person.  Whether it was through his craft, him speaking on his life experiences, or preaching the gospel I could always tell that he had a lot to say and that it’s something you don’t want to miss.  Chuck was always loving.  I remember one day, we were working on the church and we had to call it early.  So we had to pack everything before the storm came.  Well, I guess I wasn’t moving fast enough because Chuck got upset.  But then he pulled me to the side and had a conversation with me about how to give everything my best effort.  It was something I’ll never forget.  I could tell that he cared about me when he shared with me something that he takes to heart.  It was great!


Esther:  His energy, His arms, His unconditional love for us.
Luke:  He leads by example, hard worker, he puts his faith first.
Mik:  He sees the best in everything no matter how hard it is.  He knows something about everything.  He can joke around and have fun.


Reece:  Took me to work, coached my baseball team, he is my super hero.


Andule Simon:  He is devoted, courageeous, and encouraging.
Patrick Brewer:  My first like is that he's a Christ centered father, I like the brave man in my father, his humble service and his self denial father who looks at the needs of others before his.

Patrick - I couldn't have summed it up any better!!! This man just sent his family ahead of him and he stayed back  to finish up and clean up and provide and sacrifice for his family!  That's my man!!!!



No comments: