Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, March 3, 2018

What Would He Say Today?

My cousin Duane got to meet Jesus face to face today. 
 He is the first one of
 "US"
my generation...my first cousin.

I've thought about him all day and what he might say after he had met his Savior for the first time face to face.

The thing about Duane is, I know his family will miss him like crazy.  Duane left a GIANT hole in this world.  He was loved by a lot of people and he loved a lot of people.  He left a beautiful wife and 2 beautiful daughters and a grand baby, he left his parents and brothers and sister, and nieces and nephews and cousins, and aunts and uncles, and every kind of in-law you can have and many friends, and the list goes on and on. I know this about Duane though, he didn't leave this world with any words or actions of love unsaid or undone.  Duane was always open and loving to those he cared about.  He didn't wait until he was sick to connect with people or tell people he loved them, he told them his whole life.  He lived his life in love,
  in words and action, he made it very clear to anyone who knew him.
He loved his wife and kids, so well and so much, it was clear for all to see, if you were close or at a distance, if you knew Duane, you knew about his wife and his girls.
 His love was big and true and obvious.
He loved people well, because he knew God well.
He knew LOVE well!
As adults, I didn't' see a whole lot of Duane, but when I did, our conversation was always meaningful and memorable. 
 I think everyone that knew him would say the same.

  He was a guy that was usually the quietest in the room, but had the best things to say. 
 He didn't have to have all the attention on him, but if you gave him your attention, you left with something good.

The thing I've been thinking about though, since I know he met Jesus face to face today; I wonder what he would say to anyone who could hear him today..............

I think Duane would say the same thing he said his whole life:
Jesus is worth giving your life to.
  He is better than what we can even wrap our minds around. 

 I think he would look at us, anyone who would listen, and give that gorgeous Duane smile, with that perfect twinkle in his eye, and giggle a little and shake his head just slightly and say,

 "Jesus is worth EVERYTHING we can give Him and more.  This is awesome!  See you when you get here and until then, I'm in good hands, and I'm telling you, He is worth it. 
 Go get HIM.
  Give Him all you've got!!! 
 He is amazing and He is worthy of all praise."


No comments: