Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, January 26, 2018

I've thought about why people are so fired up over President Trump's statement about shithole countries.  It's just a total lack of respect for people.  Maybe that seems obvious to some, but some people don't get that because they keep defending his statement.  It's not about the cuss word or the fact that he is blunt, it's the heart behind his statement.

Let me break it down....I know some people that I love with every part of my being, and they grew up in some of the ugliest and worst conditions you can even imagine in this country and other countries.  Now, mind you they had no choice of living in those conditions.  I have gone and visited some of those areas and it breaks my heart and also humbles me every single time.   I would NOT ever call any of those places a shithole.  There are people living there that I love, and some of our kids are from these places.  If I were to call it a shithole, I'm totally disrespecting where they are from, which is part of who they are.  It's like when someone has complete idiots for parents, you can be honest about their shortcomings,  but you don't demean or disrespect them as a person, if you do, you are demeaning and disrespecting part of who THEY are. 

I have walked thru some pretty tough slums, and there are many beautiful people that are more thankful for the life that they have than many well off Americans.

We don't get to choose where we are from or who our family is, but it is very much a part of who we are.  I don't care how rough someone's upbringing is or their current conditions, they don't want to be told they are from shit or the product of shitty people.

*not trying to stir up old news...but I was cleaning up my blog and saw that I hadn't posted.*


No comments: