Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Good Monday Mourning

It's a "good" Monday "mourning" for me.

It is good because we had a week of fun and blessing and celebrating and family and friends and good food and more of all the above than I can wrap my mind around......

We have a lifetime of  wonderful memories made in a short amount of time.
Cousins had a blast together!


Charlie and Justin working together AGAIN.  



Loving on my girl and my new "GRAND"

Brittany bringing life and laughter to the festivities.







Father - daughter dances are my favorite.


So, today it is good to take a deep breath and process all that has taken place.

Today is also a good mourning because there is adjustment to the new norm.

People have flown out of here like crazy.  I hate good-byes and change is never my favorite.

 We are having to adjust to the new norm of life with  my wife Charsie being married and having a whole new role in her life.

This morning as we were giving the new chore assignments, as we now don't have Charsie to keep us lined out.  I had a huge lump in my throat as I gave her chores to the other kids.  Charsie did a lot around here and it is more obvious than ever now that it's taking several of us to pick up where she left off.

Today would have been the kind of day that my girl came and brought me a special coffee from my favorite place, ordered to perfection just because she is always that thoughtful.  I had to go get my own coffee, but it made me think of her and miss her, but also made me smile and thankful for the 18 blessed years that she was all ours and now we have a new son-in-love that we get to add to the pile and that just makes the blessing pile bigger and better.

I can't wait to share more about the wedding festivities, but today it's just a 
GOOD MONDAY MOURNING!




2 comments:

Michael said...

Makes me miss that awesome family too. Feel your pain!

marlece said...

Great post! You taught that girl well, she is going to be a wonderful wife, sorry she has now divorced you. You'll get back on your feet. Hope you are taking a breath and resting a bit.