Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

God Sends An Angel


This beautiful lady with Lashae and Charsie, is Nancy.  
She is what I like to call my "shopping Angel."
When we were adopting Esther, Nancy showed up at church with a CLOSET for Esther. 

She clothed that girl from head to toe with never even laying an eye on her. 
 Esther was due to arrive home, from Uganda, the very next day and I was pregnant and overwhelmed with life. 

 This angel shows up with brand new beautiful EVERYTHING for our new daughter. 

 I will never forget it.
 I was blessed beyond words.
  Everything fit, everything was beautiful, and everything was a gracious gift from a Jesus loving lady with the wonderful gift of shopping and the generosity to use and share her gift abundantly.

Esther had multiple outfits including shoes for all occasions.....
church, home, school, sleep, EVERYTHING.  
It blew my mind and my heart into a hundred pieces.
It was over the top generous!

I was tapped out at the time...in every way, I could not figure out how I was going to muster all that needed to be mustered to get my daughter the things that she needed to start life in her new family, and I had less than 24 hours to figure it out when this beautiful Angel just handed over bag after bag after bag or things she had bought for our daughter.

This "shopping Angel" blessed us with gracious generosity and perfect timing.



Well, Nancy has once again BLESSED us with her gifts, talents and perfect timing.
I am tapped out. 
Without a word from me, to anybody, but to my Lord in the privacy of our own conversation about how I needed......
(I didn't know what exactly, I just knew I needed.....)
He heard me, and He knew exactly what to do,  and he sent
 THE BEST!!!


Nancy, swooped in with her shopping chariot and got my girls for the day. 

She has had a heart for Charsie  for many years, and at the exact right time she has come and taken the girls
 "all things wedding" 
shopping.

Charsie is feeling,
 loved and special and blessed and spoiled.


I'm tired and my wallet is tired, we are both ready for a break.  
Shopping is a challenge for this Nay Nay, even on my very best day.

I'm at the point I don't know what we need or how to delegate, I just know we are not done,
 but I am.


So as I'm telling God, "I need a time-out." 
 Nancy must have been saying, "Put me in God, I'm ready to go!"

He heard us both!!!  And answered bigger than I could ever imagine.

 The gift of this has been a million times beyond the "things" or the "shopping" or the "money" or the "time."
It's just blessing me from every part of my being, and such a reminder that God cares about every single detail of our lives.
He hears, He knows, and He cares!

My girls are feeling like  Princess Bride and Queen Matron of Honor,
and I'm getting to be my 3 favorite things...an introvert, a mama, and a Nay Nay at home with 4 of my favorite little people.



God is GOOD and He gives the BEST gifts!!!  He uses CRAZY AMAZING PEOPLE TO DISPLAY HIS GOODNESS AND GIFTS!!!
 TODAY HE USED NANCY (again).
AKA:  Shopping Angel!!!!




2 comments:

Linda E. Foss said...

I know this lady, Nancy, very well!!! She is one of the most generous, loving, selfless, considerate, and beautiful people I know. As a matter of fact, she may very well be the #1 of all these good points. How much more I can say, which is GOOD about her, would take PAGES!!! To top it all off she is also very funny and fun to be with. She is an Angel on Earth! For several years, we worked together at PMH as nurses and friends. I miss her a lot between the few times we have been able to have lunch together since we both left PMH.

Linda Elaine Foss
Redmond, OR

Anonymous said...

WOW! So happy for you being blessed in this way!!
I can TOTALLY relate to "being done" and at my wits end!! And I am so thankful for times God surprises and blows me away with answering in ways I did not expect!(sometimes He wants me to just rely on Him and trust that He will get me thru as a tired, worn-out Mom! I am so thankful for His Grace!!)
God is Faithful!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Amy