Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Uganda, Here We Come. part 1



We are going to UGANDA!!!!
We have been praying for a year about going during the Christmas season.

I have given God every excuse in the book and He has absolutely blown away all my excuses.

I know, I sound crazy, but that is how I roll.  
I pray about something on my heart and then I give God every reason in the book that He can't and shouldn't answer.

It's like my heart wants to go, but my fears all scream
 NOOOOO!
* Stay home, hunker down I know a million things could go wrong.*

As I was struggling through this process, which is a process for me, it came down to the wire and it was 
ON MY HEART
 like a pile of
 BRICKS. 
 I want to go, I need to go, my family needs to go.

 I finally worked through all that and decided to take a giant leap of faith and buy the tickets. 

 Charlie, of course is totally on board, but it is always so much simpler for him.
He prays...he says let's do it and it's over in his mind. 

 I'm the one with the "issues".  
 So, when I finally got the courage up to commit and go, I couldn't get tickets to go through to save my life. 

I kept asking the Lord,
"Is this a NO"?  I was still asking and wanting confirmation over and over.

*Gideon has nothing on me...I think I would have sacrificed a whole herd sheep by shaving off their fleece and putting it out for confirmation.*.

I worked on those darn tickets for a solid week!
 I thought it's a NO and God is being pretty clear.
I was disappointed and relieved all at the same time.

BUT,
for some reason I kept having this EXTREME nag in my heart, that we were to GO.
I could not let it GO!

Sunday we had an incredible sermon (thank you Priester) and our pastor talked about
 "Praying it Through".
Praying until you get a break through.
I was determined to pray until God broke through.

I didn't care how He broke through I just wanted PEACE and I did not have it!
I didn't care about the answer at that point 
yes or no
 just
GIVE ME YOUR PEACE LORD.
I came home from church and started in on "praying it through".
  
Of course I had to still go through the motions of life, because it took
 3 DAYS!!!
*I am especially stubborn...ugh.*
As we all know life goes on,kids need fed, work needs done,but every spare moment was spent with 
HIM.
I was desperate and I was telling HIM about it.


I woke up EARLY on Tuesday morning and had a very special time with the Lord.
  I just felt His peace for the first time in a while. 
His Words were jumping off the page.

 My focus was not Uganda...just THE LORD OF PEACE!
And He DELIVERED.  

I then went to my computer a few hours later and pretty casually searched out the same thing I have been for a solid week and I noticed if we chose different dates, maybe it would work better for our schedule.  I called Charlie asked if he thought I should try it, and within an hour I had 7 tickets purchased to Uganda with the best schedule I had seen in this whole process!

It was a BREAKTHROUGH!!!  

Mind you the PEACE came BEFORE the answer.  
I don't know why He does it this way,but I can't give any praise or glory to "getting tickets"
it was a
 BREAKTHOUGH 
from the 
LORD of PEACE
 and then other stuff fell into place.

2 Thessalonians 3:16ESV

16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way.The Lord be with you all.


We are excited and full of
 JOY!!! 
I'm especially getting FULLER every day.  hehe.


This is only part 1.
God has already been working on this trip...He just needed to get me lined out first. 

No comments: