Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Fears and Uganda part 2

Uganda!!  Part 2

This is the part that is way LESS fun to experience or read about.  After having a day of excitement and praises of thanksgiving about our upcoming trip to Uganda, the old familiar FEARS set in within hours.
  I went to bed on high and in the night woke up with FEAR on my brain.
finances...sickness....(those are just a few to give you an idea)
  I should know better than to entertain FEAR, because I know this is NOT from the Lord.  But, I laid there and did just that, and entertained it, (for several hours) until I finally drug my fanny out of bed and opened up God's Word and the verse that I immediately landed on was:

Hebrews 13:20-21English Standard Version (ESV)

20 Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, 21 equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us[a] that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.


I was once again at PEACE.
  I should know better, and the minute I feel fear sneak in, battle it with God's Word. 
 For me, even praying as I lay in bed doesn't always work, because my mind wanders. 
 I need God's Word and His truth, so I can even pray.

Romans 8:15English Standard Version (ESV)

15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”


I was telling my sister about this and she asked what my fears were....and I just went through the short-list...she could totally relate and yet reminded me where fear comes from.

1 John 4:18English Standard Version (ESV)

18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not  been perfected in love.


I wish I could say this completely took all my fears away, but it didn't.  It is a minute by minute thing with me.  I have to stay so saturated in the Word and Worship music and prayer right now to just keep the peace and stay on track.  

Matthew 17:7-8English Standard Version (ESV)

But Jesus came and touched them, saying, “Rise, and have no fear.” And when they lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.

I can tell you what I know without a doubt is this:
  I fear God more than all the other fears that I could list.
(and I could give you quite a list)
  I don't fear that God will not love me, or that He will disown me if I don't go.

I fear that I will miss out on something that He has for me and our family. 
 I have prayed with such sincerity that our family as individuals and as a family would live for God and that He would allow us to be a part of something He is doing and He is answering. 
 I don't want to miss out!

No comments: