Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Anniversary Part 2 - Years 5-10


I would definitely label these our "American Dream" years. 
 We were living large.
We worked like crazy, and we rewarded ourselves generously. 

We lived with the idea of more is better and getting ahead is best.


Charlie built us a beautiful custom home on 5 acres with a barn, and a yard, and a swing set.



These were the years we put on a very fun, wild, and successful
 Bull Bash. 



We had our third baby. 



Charsie Lee Brewer joined the gang on July 11, 1997.
She was the bonus! 
 A girl and a boy and a bonus baby!
haha. 

 Little did we know........

We went on a few super great vacations.
  One was to a beautiful resort in Jamaica.

We celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Las Vegas with my parents.


Our focus has changed over the years, but I would be lying if I didn't say, when I looked at some of these pictures I was jealous for my old life.
Things just felt more controlled and prettier back then.

Looking through the pictures brought up some really fun memories and stirred up some pretty selfish thoughts as well.

I wouldn't trade the memories for anything, I am grateful for each and every stage of our lives, because that is what has brought us to this point.

 I also wouldn't trade my crazy messy out of control life for anything.

We live a much richer life now!!  We live with real abundant treasure!!
We have learned the value of Kingdom treasure and we know there is nothing we can 
buy or build or earn that will ever compare or measure up.

Matthew 13:44English Standard Version (ESV)

The Parable of the Hidden Treasure

44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.


*clarification:  I know there is nothing wrong with great houses and cars and vacations.
We HAVE, and DO all these things!
Our focus is just different...all the stuff is just wonderful gifts to enjoy.
Before, they were the goal.*


1 comment:

marlece said...

You two share a good story, Better and better as time goes by. These memories are fun. I smile when I look at them.