Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, September 5, 2014

First Week of School

First week of school, or shall I say, the week of ENDLESS paperwork.

Charsie is a Senior this year.
I really have no idea how this happened.  
This kid is my right arm and I feel my arm taring away.
It is wonderful to see her ready to fly, but there is a definite ACHE that I can feel building in my heart.


Proverbs 11:24-25The Message (MSG)

24 
The world of the generous gets larger and larger;

    the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.
25 
The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed;

    those who help others are helped.

 Reece is a big 1st grader this year.  I just don't know how I will make is through my days without him to keep me in shape.  
This kid creates more laughter and frustration in a day than I can tell you. 
 His *ways* keep me in a constant state of alert. 
 He is a complete riot and he also is the cause of a lot of riots. 
 If you ever think of it....pray for his teacher!!! 
 Just pray for abundant energy to keep up with "abundant energy" in her class.  hehe 


Psalm 92:4-5English Standard Version (ESV)

For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;

    at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
How great are your works, O Lord!

    Your thoughts are very deep!

 These are my middle school peeps.  Mik, Esther, and Luke are all in "those years".
  Most people are about half scared of middle school peeps.....and they have good reason to be afraid.  So far, there is only one in the bunch that has acted like a true middle schooler so far, and it just comes and goes like a fever.
My prayer is that if they all have to "act their age", I just pray they take turns, and do it one at a time.

 God could not have placed a better 3 together in the same age group. 
 They are all so different and compliment each other is every way. 
 I guess my Father knows what He's doing when He puts a family together.  


Psalm 103:2-6English Standard Version (ESV)

Bless the Lord, O my soul,

    and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
    who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
    who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
The Lord works righteousness

    and justice for all who are oppressed.



We have a big year ahead of us.....and I'm so thankful for friends (Shelly), that when they see a Brewer kid that looks temporarily misplaced, they just throw them in the car and bring them home.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

"comes and goes like a fever..." lol. I can relate to that!

Love all those babies of yours.

marlece said...

This post cracked me up!!!! 'Comes and goes like a fever', now isn't that the TRUTH of the matter! And, this is the perfect 1st grade picture of Reece, true to who he is, ha!!!