Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Baby Update


  I thoroughly enjoyed all the various responses about the baby news.
  I didn't hear any negative comments, if anyone had any, they were kind enough to keep them from me.  :)  
THANK YOU.
 (I tend to be a bit emotional these days) 

I had a few really good laughs with people's responses and I felt completely encouraged by many kind encouraging words. Some people just didn't have the words, (because sometimes we just know; these blessings can be hard on us) but when they saw me, they would just give a great big encouraging teary eyed hug. 
  It said it all!  

I got a congratulations call from my Uncle Dan, who blessed me to the bone. 
He encouraged me and prayed for me and this baby.
 He told me this baby would bring more joy than I've ever had. 
 He also reminded me that this baby and every baby is created by God and He has NEVER made a mistake.

 He also told me to have a better attitude.
He told me to be proud of this pregnancy and quit moping around.
  Yep...He called my whiny butt OUT!  I needed a little or BIG attitude adjustment and He told me exactly what I needed to hear.  


It was really interesting how he kept saying  how much JOY this baby would bring, over and over again throughout our conversation, and it stuck in my mind very profoundly.
 A few days after that conversation I was looking through my prayer journal from the first of the year ( I was looking for something else)
 and I ran across a journal entry in which I was asking Jesus to bring me more JOY.  

Well, He heard me and brought me JOY in a way that I would have never thought to ask for. 
 It reminded me that since I surrendered my life to HIM and pray to HIM, He blesses me and answers in such  beautiful
 FATHER KNOWS BEST 
 kinda ways.

I think of how the Lord has built this family and brought each and every person together, and I can tell you with absolute certainty,
HE HAS DONE THIS, AND HE IS SO GOOD!!!!

Psalm 92:4-5English Standard Version (ESV)

For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;

    at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
How great are your works, O Lord!

    Your thoughts are very deep!


****************************


Here's the human side of the story: I feel like garbage.  Sorry, but it's just true.
  I feel sick about 20 out of the 24 hours of every day. 

I have lost my mind.  I can never find my phone or remember what time it is. 
It drives me and everyone around me NUTS! 

 My butt started "showing" way before my belly. 
 (this is how I grow)

 Charlie is fine.  He has a way of "working" through stuff.  He has been working non stop since the day we found out, so I'm pretty sure he is "working" it all out!

We had another ultra-sound and we got a good look at the new little life and the tech told us not to paint the nursery yet,
 (he has no idea that I have never painted a nursery in 7 pregnancies)
 but he thought it looked like a girl.

Reece is OF COURSE the most excited about the baby!!!
 He wants the baby to be a boy and he thinks he should look like Mik, and Luke, and him.  


I think that is a great combination.  :)



God gave me a beautiful treat a few weeks ago. I got to spend a weekend with my sisters in Phoenix and I felt good the whole time. 
We have not spent time all together with no kids or hubbies in 7 years.
 We had such a wonderful time, it was just what we all needed.  
We laughed until we were all exhausted. 


2 comments:

marlece said...

this post cracks me up, again! Your butt has grown bigger than your belly this is how you grow....hahahahaaa! Anyway, yes, Joy is going to bring much of that. The Joy of the Lord is our strength.

Shauna said...

Some of us laughed until we peed our pants.... and the sad part was, "she" is not prego :(