Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The verse that I camped on a ton in 2013 was Jeremiah 17:7-8.

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
    whose trust is the Lord.
He is like a tree planted by water,
    that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
    for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
    for it does not cease to bear fruit.”

The thing that really sticks out to me is "whose trust is the Lord"...not "in the Lord", but "IS THE LORD".

Trust is a big thing with me....I jump in fast with people or situations...and then if the trust gets broken...I question everything from the beginning.  This is screwed up because trust in humans will always be broken.


The thing the Lord is teaching me is to trust HIM and HIM alone.  Trust Him with my husband and my kids and myself.

Part of my learning to "trust the Lord"...is to trust the people HE has placed in situations...to even TRUST that He would put me in a situation.

For instance....He had no business trusting me with 1 kid...let alone a pile of them.  I'm so far from where I should be to be "trusted" with a life...but, He did, and so I need to trust that He can fill in all the blanks and give me what I need to do what He has given me to do...ALL I HAVE TO DO, IS TRUST HIM!

I trust Him...and then I see my kid hurting and I want to fix it.  I want to pray instructions to the Lord and give Him "insight" on how to fix it...so I can trust HIM.  This is so screwed up!!!

I trust Him...and then I'm put in a situation where I am over my head and not at all qualified...and myself and people who know me...are "cautioning me and reminding me" of my lack.  This is so screwed up.

When I truly trust Him...when my trust IS the LORD...I don't need to be qualified...I just need to say YES.  He is strong in my weakness...He is qualified and He can supply ALL that I need.

He can also do this for others.  So when I don't "trust" someone in a situation, even if that someone is me......I just need to TRUST THE LORD.  He can handle others and me....He is a mighty GOD. :)

3 comments:

Farm School Marm said...

A good word, for sure!

marlece said...

Oh yes, we have TRUST issues don't we? Let's work on trusting Him to the fullest! He is a God to be trusted.......

marlece said...

TRUSTING Him why do we doubt when He is a God to be trusted?

Let's trust Him to the fullest, He is a God to be TRUSTED!