Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!!

My precious mother in law, Marcella, got to meet her
 Lord and  Savior,
 her King,
 her ALL IN ALL today.
 There is a part of me that is jealous, but then I think of  how many lives she effected to come to know their Savior too, and it inspires me to LIVE this life out and do the same.


  She has lived an amazing life of  LOVE.





 She is standing before her precious Jesus and He is saying to her,
 "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Every talent He ever gave her, she used for Him.


  She has been a servant and faithful, and one of the biggest blessings in my life.
 This woman has taught me more about a life of faith, and love and servant-hood than any other person on this planet.
  She never preached at people, but she lived it and she spoke truth
ALWAYS.

She reflected her LORD. 

We will miss her terribly, but we are happy that she got to meet her sweet Jesus today.
  She left this earth with NO doubt in anyone's mind where she was going, or what she believed.

She lived her faith in Jesus
 EVERYDAY.

  She has lived her entire life waiting for this moment, 
living for this day,
 for meeting Jesus face to face. 

 She has always known what it is truly all about.
  She has had her priorities and her heart right. 

 It's not Jesus first and then family and then........

It's Jesus and Jesus ONLY. 

 Just Him!!! All Him!!!

 That is what her life has been about, and out of that has come some pretty amazing family and friends and talents and joy. 

 She got it right!
 And now she is standing before the Lord with the righteousness of Christ!!!!
A joint heir with Jesus.
 How amazing is that????

I will miss her as will so many.

  Willy Bill, the love of her life on this earth that has been with her
 FAITHFULLY
 for 47 years.


He has loved her well, and taken care of her with the utmost attention and love!!
  
This man has stepped up more than ANY man I have ever known.



 He is patient, and attentive, and faithful and loving, and I could go on for pages, but there is not enough room in bloggy land for all he has done.

  I'm so thankful for him and so proud of him.


These are her 3 kids.
  She loved them, and she taught them EVERYTHING that matters.

JESUS

She would have them memorize CHAPTERS of the Bible.
 They didn't like it much at the time...NOW, they are thankful and grounded in
 His Word!

 She taught them with her life AND with her instruction.


The thing that I would say summed up
 Marcella Grace Brewer
 is her acceptance of others.  
She loved the Lord so much, that she

 LOVED like HIM.  


She did not care who you were or where you were from, what color, what belief, what you looked like or lived like,


she LOVED!!!!!


 She loved like Jesus loves.

5 comments:

RamblingMother said...

So sorry for your loss.

marlece said...

wow, teary again, I want to be more like her. Jim loved her like his own, we have been in several fights when coming home because his first stop was to stop and see Marcella first. I think of him alot today because he loved her so much. She touched people, this is true, my husband being top on that list. She, will be remembered for her love to others. I'm sorry for your loss but I'm also happy for her to meet he Savior face to face. I'm sure he has a piano just waiting for her.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and loving tribute to a life lived well! I wish I had known her - and someday I will get to! I am sorry for the hole that her homegoing will leave in the lives of you and your family, but so glad you can rejoice in knowing that she is with Jesus, and loving and worshiping Him more fully than she ever has. Thanks for sharing the blessing of her life.

tawnya said...

Beautiful tribute to Marcella. She was such an amazing example of living for the Lord. She gave me my first ornaments for my christmas tree and those are always the first to go on every year. Her smile was so beautiful. I am thinking of you all as you have her service tomorrow. Please give Bill a hug for me:) Love you all

Kari said...

Thank you for the beautiful words about Marcela, I do not think anyone could have said it better. As was stated at her service, she waivered in her relationship with the lord for a moment when she was much younger, but found her way back, and through that journey was able to give it to her children, husband, and community. Her story was one that we can all identify with at some point, but it is how we deal with those challenges and ultimately let our creator lead us that make the difference. I know that I will miss her infectious smile, her wisdom, and the tears each time we would have to say good bye.