Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Uncomfortable Grace

Recently I was faced with a day that felt like the  "perfect storm", and I have to add...that storm started about 15 minutes after I purchased a ticket for Charlie to go to Uganda.

  Among a few warning winds, I came face to face with a situation that we are 7 years passed.  

7 years ago we had to walk through a situation in our lives that
 "rocked our boat"
 to say the very least. 
 And the hardest part for me to swallow, even all these 7 years later....is why....what?  We felt like we had prayed it through, we do NOT claim to have done everything perfectly, but we absolutely sought the Lord with all we knew how.  

We felt like what we embarked on was exactly what the Lord had for us, and it made so much sense and it went through and every step of the process, was a step a faith, but confirming that we were where the Lord placed us, He confirmed in so many ways.

And shortly after we were in the situation, it was 
 train wreck. 
 An absolute train wreck. 
 I have made peace with it all, but have often asked...

"WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?"

I saw this video last week, even before the day of the
 "perfect storm"
and all I can think is:

UNCOMFORTABLE GRACE.

That is the answer to the question I have asked over and over.

You have to watch this 6 minute video to understand what I'm talking about. 

 Warning:  This video is NOT the prosperity Gospel...it does not claim that life will be roses and smiles if you follow the Lord...it tells the TRUTH of the GOSPEL.

  The real GOOD NEWS!!!

And it is such GOOD NEWS and such wild GRACE!!!!




1 comment:

marlece said...

wow! Seven years ago, you know what the significance that is in the bible. I can't wait to watch the Lord direct your steps for the next seven. That is amazing.

Love how the Lord gives us 'tough grace' you sure are an example of how to walk it out and allowing Him to direct you thru.

WOW!