Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, October 4, 2013

FREEDOM

For those of you who don't know....I played basketball in high school.
 I totally loved it and I totally sucked at it.  

My whole goal was to not do anything "wrong".  I didn't want the referee to blow his big loud whistle at me.  I didn't want to disappoint my coach or my team.  

Here's the thing...when your whole goal is to NOT mess up...you don't do
ANYTHING WORTH A DARN.
 You have to make a move and to DO something to make a difference in the game.

Then, when I would finally make a move...like go in for a lay-up (something real amazing like that :)  )...I wouldn't celebrate and enjoy it at all, I just ran away praying to God I did not just score for the wrong team.

I loved playing and I hated sitting on the bench, but once I got out there I just didn't want to be noticed...by the players or the coach or the refs.
 That's no way to play and have fun or be any kind of  effective player, to the team, or the coach or anybody.


I keep hearing the word FREEDOM in my time with the Lord.  I feel like I have lived my walk with the Lord much the same as I played basketball many times.  I walk it out in fear of doing something wrong, or  worried about disappointing my Lord, or my friends or my family.

 This is WRONG WRONG WRONG. 

He already made me part of His team, He already put me in the game.  He is cheering for me to live this out with joy and passion and
GOING ALL OUT FOR HIM.
  He can not be disappointed by me, He LOVES me no matter how I DO.
 (and you too...for those of you who don't know it yet)

 He just wants me to experience, MORE!

MORE OF HIM, MORE OF HIS BLESSING, MORE OF  HIS POWER,
 and in order to do that....I have to live like
 HE'S a LOVING FATHER, not a big mad coach.
  I'm His kid and I can either live like I'm living for MY FATHER, THE King of Kings,
or I can live like a scaredy cat.  

I have made a couple of exciting, but risky plays before and all I get is lavish LOVE and encouragement and blessing from Him.  He has never blown His whistle and pulled me out of the game, even when I screw up.

I want to live in the freedom and the joy that He has given me.  I want to act like His kid...like my Heavenly Father has my back at all times.  I don't want to live like He's gonna blow His whistle and yell at me, but like He has given me
 "THE POWER OF HIS SPIRIT"
*yes HE did already*

 and like there is a
 "CLOUD OF WITNESSES CHEERING FOR ME"
*yes there is already* .


2 Corinthians 3:17-18

English Standard Version (ESV)
17 Now the Lord[a] is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord,[b] are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Hebrews 12:1-2

English Standard Version (ESV)

Jesus, Founder and Perfecter of Our Faith

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.






3 comments:

Shauna said...

Good word Sister! I hate it when I think [too often] that God is mad or disappointed - or yell NOPE NOPE NOPE. HE has set us FREE!

Love said...

yes! love this.

marlece said...

WOW! Great post, I love this! Although, in your head you sucked at basketball but that totally was NOT the truth (just had to put that in there) but I love the comparison. Playing it safe, that is me, not you, I'm always cheering you on to do the next thing and here I sit like a bump on a log. I take this message and will use it for me. I love it!