Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My New View on Drama


 I just realized....I guess I am a drama queen. 
 I did not grow up a drama queen and I don't like the title drama queen.  I have spent most of my life steering away from drama.  I was never good at the whole drama stuff in school,
 I didn't deal with it...I would just duck out....or in other words
 "skip it" (like skip school all together) 
when the drama got too much for me.  
I didn't want to be a part of it. 
 There are certain kinds of drama I will still run for the hills away from.    

But, what I have learned in the last couple of years and last couple of
 "drama scenes or  dramatic situations"
 in my life, is
 LIFE IS FULL OF DRAMA. 
 People are dying, people are hurting, people have messy lives because
 LIFE IS CRAZY HARD.
  We live in a battlefield, and battle is DRAMATIC.
  Satan is alive and well on this planet and we are called to take up our cross and follow 
Jesus. 

Matthew 16:24-25

English Standard Version (ESV)

Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus

24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.


I am pretty sure when Jesus told us to take up our cross and follow Him, He didn't mean to tell us to get our smooth sanded, well polished, bedazzled cross and load it in the back of our big comfy 1 ton pickup and drive it around with the air conditioning on while drinking our latte.

His cross was bloody and sweaty and heavy and tear stained. 
 I'm pretty sure that was the picture He had in mind.

1 Peter 5:6-9
English Standard Version (ESV)
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.


Verses 6 and 7 are so wonderful and then comes the drama in verses 8 and 9. 

Life has been dramatic since the beginning of time.  I'm sure when Noah built the ark and it began to rain and EVERYONE was drowning around the ark, he wasn't thinking,
 "This will  make a darling nursery scene someday."

  He must have been a  big, bawling, smelly sweaty mess.

When Esther and Charsie were drowning a few weeks ago, I didn't take the time to
 "decide"
 if I should get involved or not,...I ran out there like a crazed woman screaming at the top of my lungs. 
 When we see people drowning in life or in Spirit, we need to get dramatic.
  We need to come a running with our voices raised and jump in the water and it will be a 
mess and loud,
 and the waters will get muddied for a time. 
 Peoples pain is real and suffering is dramatic, but we have our 
LIFEGUARD, our SAVIOR,
and
we have to jump in and
 SWIM LIKE HE TAUGHT US AND TEACH OTHERS TO SWIM.

Some drama will not bring Glory to God.
I'm talking about the drama that can bring Glory to God, by getting in over my head, and getting excited and dramatic about people's lives to help them, and to draw us both closer to Jesus. 
 Our SAVIOR.
 I'm willing to get excited or dramatic about loving God and loving people. 
 I'm not going to steer away from this kind of drama  and  I'm not going to apologize for or be ashamed of it.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! We have had a similar conversation here. When you embrace the hurting, the lonely, and all of us who have made a mess of our lives - well, you get drama! And aren't those the people Jesus embraced as he walked this earth?

MISSING YOU, Sister!

marlece said...

Super good thinking, ok, I will not say anymore...."I don't need the drama" instead I am going to say, "bring it on!" Good word Jenay, good word! You are right, when the 'drama' presents itself we don't just sit back and say, 'I don't want to make more waves' we jump in!

marlece said...

Good word Jenay! It is so true, ok, I am not going to say anymore, "I steer away from the drama" instead I'm gonna say, "bring it on!" Because you are right if the drama presents itself you aren't going to sit back and say, "ok, I don't want to make more waves" no, you are going to jump in and create more!"
Good word, good thinking!

Shauna said...

AMEN! If we are going to get in the game, drama is sure to follow - too much sinful flesh on this globe. I usually want out the minute it arises but God is pretty clear about staying in the game. Could you imagine Paul being like "this prison sucks and al the church drama sucks. I quit." THat would have been significantly different than bearing up under. Love you Sis. Let's talk tomorrow if you have time. I will be driving to Simi.