Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Why? Because Reece Says So.

Here is how the dinner conversation went last night:

Somehow...........the subject of "old" came up. 
 We were talking about age and like an idiot I asked if I was old. (I think I just needed a little affirmation ya know) and  Reece, who was sitting the closest to me looked me dead in the eye and said straight up,
 "Ummmm yah mom, look at your face",

 he was just being straight with me and honest as Reece can be.

Pointing out what is apparently so obvious to everyone else.  haha 
 So I did what I usually do in awkward situations which is to  throw Charlie under the bus. 
 This is not only my first line of defense in most uncomfortable situations, it is also involving the subject that I love to point out most often.... and THAT is,

 Charlie is WAYYYYYYY older than me.  :)

So I say, "Well is dad old?",
 Reece looks at me and just shakes his head like I'm clueless, 
and then Mikiyas pipes up and says, 

"Dad is not old, he is STRONG".

  Reece is nodding in obvious agreement the whole time.  
So now apparently I'm old and weak.
 Thanks Reece.  You rock buddy.  :)




In order to change the subject, I decide to ask Mikiyas about his life in Ethiopia. 
 We are trying to get to know our latest addition. 
 As  I'm asking pretty general questions, just trying to get a feel for his life before us,  Reece holds up his hand as if to declare a  new law, and says, 

 "That's it, he is staying here forever".  

If Reece says it.....I believe it!!!!!  

The kid just knows how to speak his mind and it's usually the truth. 
 At least the truth according to Reece.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

We were just talking about Reece tonight! Josh was sharing that a wise man told him once that strong willed kids make for amazing leaders in the church! They stick to their faith and convictions. I think Reece will be a great leader and is already declaring TRUTH!!!!! I stand in agreement with you, Reece and I CAN NOT wait to meek Mik!

[oh and you're not old]

The McKinnon Crew said...

I love that kid...

marlece said...

I love Reece.....see the thing is I think he is prophetically speaking. He says it as if it is now but really it is yet to come. (being old that is) and then.....the rest? Yes, He knows how to hear the Lord.. He just speaks it when we are just thinking it. Big deal!

Johnson Journey said...

That was great!!!