Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

He is So Faithful and We are *GOING*!

I stand in AWE!!!!  Let me just tell you God is FAITHFUL!!!!  

Let me give you a timeline of events:

We feel God is calling us to go to Uganda....we have no REAL idea of who or what or why.  
We ask Him to confirm and He does in His Word and in our hearts...over and over.

We decide to take a step of faith and "put it out there".  We decide we are going to book the tickets for November 27- Dec. 9.

We decide we will  purchase our tickets 40 days before departure.  That would be today.  Oct. 18.

Yesterday, me and a few others spend the day in fasting and prayer...my prayer was focused on the Uganda trip, and wanting the Lord to stop us if this is not Him but that He would PROVIDE  ALL that is needed if it is Him.

*  I know from experience with Him...He will always provide what He has called us to...but He first requires a step of faith, an act of obedience.*

So...He did NOT give me the STOP sign...so out of OBEDIENCE, I TRUDGED UPSTAIRS to my computer to transfer money in *creative* ways to pay for the airline tickets for this trip.

I had to go to *online banking* first, to see how to do this creative work, and the whole time, I was praying, "Oh God, you know the situation, you know the situation.".  

I sat there STUNNED!!!! 

 Where the heck did all that money come from??  There was a LOT more money than I thought was supposed to be in that account....and low and behold...a tax refund that we have been waiting for from 2011, an adoption credit had come through YESTERDAY....*on a day of fasting and prayer, asking the Lord to confirm and provide for this trip*.  I was NOT expecting this in the least.  We have been audited on this tax credit and their response was, that they would get back to us on how they are going to respond by November 10, 2012. 

I knew it would come eventually, but thought it would be A LONG time.

God PROVIDED big time ON THE DAY that we needed it!

  Not before and not after! 

 It is complete confirmation and provision, and the timing was perfect to speak to my timid soul.
We will use this money and every other thing God has given us to do whatever He asks...even if it makes no sense to us or anybody else. 

PS.  I'm not a huge fan of putting money stuff out there, it's not our strong point, it is our WEAKNESS and it is NOT my favorite subject AT ALL...but when God so obviously provides....He deserves all the Praise and Glory.  I am RESPONSIBLE to testify of His mighty works.

Psalm 73:28

English Standard Version (ESV)
28 
But for me it is good to be near God;
    I have made the Lord God my refuge,
    that I may tell of all your works.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

English Standard Version (ESV)
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Jehovah-Jireh!!! Jehovah-Jireh!!Jehovah-Jireh!!!

Farm School Marm said...

Oh, I just don't have the word, Jenay. God is SO good - and I love that you share... I was not raised to "put it out there and God will provide." You and Charlie are such an inspiration to us!!

marlece said...

You know...He is such a confirming God. You question He answers, not just with what He was talking to you about in your heart but all other ways too. He is a provider, He is a confirming GOD! Can't wait to see what He has for you there, Cannot wait!!!!

Tawnya said...

Praying for your trip:). God is good ALL the time.

Holli Porter said...

That gives me chills! I LOVE our God and His timing. Your obediance to His calling is exactly how we should all live our lives. Living by faith is not for the weak ;) We at the Porter house are cheering you on!!