Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hook 'em Horns!!

 
Kole, Charsie, Maezie, and I have had the privilege of going to Austin, Texas to be "oriented" with UT. 




I sat in those big auditorium classrooms and felt
O.V.E.R.W.H.E.L.M.E.D.
  with information and emotion.

The information was a bit much for this small town girl trying to understand the college lingo that is like a foreign language to me.

The emotion was pride in Kole and happy for him.  He has done this, he is excited and determined.  I'm proud of him and his hard work, but mostly his perseverance to get to this point.  I know the Lord has absolutely directed Kole's steps - and Kole has had to walk forward in a lot of faith and
 GOD BLESSED HIM !!


Proverbs 20:24

The Message (MSG)

 24 The very steps we take come from God; 

   otherwise how would we know where we're going?

Proverbs 16:9

The Message (MSG)

 9 We plan the way we want to live, 

   but only God makes us able to live it.



The emotion was also knowing that this is a big step and a long long way from home and I am going to miss this kid.
 There is a hole forming that is the size of Texas in my heart!!!!   

I observed the other parents, and wondered if I was the only parent that was having a hard time and I had to laugh at what I saw and heard.

  Hands down and across the board!!!

The moms and dads are both smiling, but for totally different reasons!!!!

Dads = Looking proud and a quirky smile on their face as if to say, "my work here is done, they are out of the nest and they are responsible for themselves".

They are asking the kids questions like....When can we move you in??  Did you get your schedule??

Moms = Looking petrified with a pasted smile on their faces.  The mom's smile is as if to say, " I have no idea how to do this, so I'm gonna paste THIS look on my face and look as good as possible".

They are asking the kids questions like....Did you drink enough water??  Did they even feed you lunch for Pete's sake??







All in all we had a great time.  We took advantage of every second. We did a ton, and did not have a lot of  "sleep" time, but I feel refreshed in many ways.

 God was so good to me especially, just letting me know over and over again that this was the path HE has chosen for Kole and it is good!!!

We got to do so many of my  favorite things!!!  
I got to drink lots of coffee, and diet cokes, go to a  few fun parks, hang out with 3 of  my kids, fly ( I love airports), drive fast, run, go to my favorite church in Austin, swim, shop, be warm, VERY VERY warm, eat lots of yummy food, and see a lot of new and fun things, and meet a lot of really great people.





Hook 'em Horns!!! 
 ( there was not one speaker at the University that did not end their speech with this saying).


2 comments:

marlece said...

Ithink 'hook em horns' in Texas means 'AMEN and AMEN'....

You look beautiful in these pictures I think Texas looks good on you...maybe a student? ha!

Tawnya said...

I feel that lump and I am not the mama. GULP....So proud of Kole.
Love, Aunti T