Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Another Wedding!!!


This is Kelsie and Opportunity *I mean Jeff*, and they are getting married today. 
This couple has just blessed my socks off as I have gotten an up close and personal seat to their friendship, and courtship, and engagement, and today THEIR WEDDING!!

 Kelsie has lived with us since November of 2010.  This girl has become a very important part of our family.  



Our family and Kelsie have been through some huge life changing experiences together as the last year and a half have gone by. 
 Kelsie feels like a daughter to me, and also a friend to every member of our family.  She has also been a roommate to Lashae (before she got married) and then to Charsie.





When Kelsie came to live with us, we had 3 less family members and she was single. 
 Well, we have all grown and *added*  more love and loved ones to our equation.



We could not be more thrilled for Kelsie and Jeff!!!


We LOVE this couple, they are completely perfect for each other. 

 I have to brag that I had a hunch and I told Kelsie to take the *opportunity* if he presented himself...shortly after that we named him *distraction* because Kelsie was a mess.  

A happy forgetful distracted mess. 

 She made us laugh EVERYDAY with her *distracted* self.  I mean that girl could not keep track of her head, and I knew it was because she was head over heals in love and she did not even know it yet! 
 But I knew...I saw ALL the signs and they were fresh in my memory because I had just watched Lashae and Chaney take the same path.  :)
Kelsie has joined in this crazy family and has just been a part of everything and everybody.  She is a precious soul that loves people and loves Jesus.  
She has allowed me to *weigh in* on some pretty big stuff in her life and I am humbled and thankful for the privilege.  This girl listens.  If you talk, if you LOVE her...she hears!! 

I could not be more happy for her and for Jeff and even though she is moving out...(as all my people seem to be doing these days)...we are counting Jeff as an awesome addition and now when he stays he does not have to endure that horrid couch.  :)


Charsie and I agreed to pray for Kelsie after Lashae got married.

  We knew it was her hearts desire to someday be a wife and a mommy.  She was patient and willing to wait for God's timing and she thought God would just drop her man  right out of the sky...well, God dropped him at her work, and I just had to help her realize that sometimes...God brings *opportunity*  and we must step out in faith and get to know *opportunity*!!  

Kelsie and Jeff we love you!!!  
We love your zeal for the Lord and your love for each other.  Your courtship has been a fun and beautiful thing to watch and we can't wait to watch your love and your family grow.  


1 comment:

marlece said...

Hope the day was filled with lots of fun, can't wait to hear all about it. I'm so glad they are together, it shows that when you wait it out God will bring 'the one'.