Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jesus is the Bread of Life

John 6:35

English Standard Version (ESV)
 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.




This verse has rang in my head over and over lately.  A few of us from prayer meeting decided to do a beginning of the year fast, we all did it a bit different, because we all have different circumstances but all just trying to focus on prayer and do a fast of sorts.  As I was doing it I just was reminded as to why Jesus called Himself the Bread of Life.  We need bread (food) EVERYDAY..we crave bread EVERYDAY...several times a day...we can't live without it...we think about it...we plan for it...we enjoy it. 


 Jesus is someone we need everyday, we crave Him, we can't live without Him, we can try, but it will be a disaster, we should think about Him and plan for time with Him and getting to know Him better, and just enjoy Him and His presence. 

John 6:47-50

English Standard Version (ESV)
47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.

I posted this because this is what is on my mind, but also because I'm trying to contain myself and NOT publish the post I REALLY want to post...so once I lose that self control and it WILL be soon, I have some very EXCITING news to share. :)

2 comments:

Lashae Bowen said...

Oh mother you kill me! :) I love this post awesome way to look at it. Puts it in perspective. And the end...HAHAHA! ;)

marlece said...

yes, I know, and the fasting subject always brings out the 'rebel' in me. You know how I am, but this always brings break thru too. He is the bread of life even though our flesh would like to think different at times