Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, January 20, 2012

2012 is Gonna Be Good

This is going to be another breathtaking year. 
 I thought I may have a year to catch my breath, because last year was just over the top..full of life and craziness!!!
 But from the way that January has already begun..THAT is NOT going to happen...we are going to have another fun filled year.
  I honestly wouldn't want it any other way...I want to live this thing out wild and crazy and go into heaven on complete EMPTY...because I have all of eternity to just relax and be with my Lord and all the Jesus loving people and it will be perfect FOREVER, we will not get tired or sick or sad EVER!!!

So a couple of things that have already happened to shape 2012:
Kole got an amazing scholarship...4 yr. full ride scholarship to any college he gets accepted to. He has been accepted to a school in Texas..ouch...that's a long way from ME...but, the program that he wants to get into is full at that school, so we are waiting to see what other schools accept him (any that don't are just dumb) and then go from there.  
  All I know is I'm excited beyond words for Kole, and I'm just holding the tears at the rim of my eyes, because I know he's onto his life...a life that does NOT include me seeing him everyday...me knowing what he eats, when he sleeps, who his friends are, his latest jokes, his latest worries, what he wears, how he looks, are his eyes looking tired, does he look happy, is he looking healthy UGH...so thrilled for him, I know he is going to go far in life, and I'm proud as a mom can be, it just makes a mom
 VERY TEARY VERY OFTEN!!!

There's one piece of news that I can't share...but I may anyway, because I'm so excited I can't sit still....I'm trying to be good and NOT tell, like I was asked to, but sometimes GRANDMAS are just naughty that way.  They just tell things they aren't supposed to.  They just do things that people roll their eyes at, but they get away with it because they are GRANDMAS and that's just what a GRANDMA does.  So I won't tell, I will respect the wishes of  the people that better get used to rolling their eyes...cuz a GRANDMAS gonna do what a GRANDMAS gonna do.  hehe

Charlie is getting ordained, and officiating a wedding in February.
Whoa...who would have guessed that??

So, anyway, we are only 20 days into this year and it promises to be a very FULL very exciting year.
 With my heart exploding in every direction and even some new directions.

PS.  I may or may not have gotten permission to post this ....but since GRANDMAS have memory failure I can't really remember when they said or didn't say I could post this.  

10 comments:

Shauna said...

2012 is sizing up quite nicely. And this Auntie is feeling "GREAT!" ;)

Oh and Esther and Gloria [and LeAnn and I] are praying for you all to move here. :) Gloria mentioned it and I thought she had a great idea! hehe

Bring on 2012!!!! May it be a FRUITFUL year! :)

The McKinnon Crew said...

Love you, Nay-nay! Yep, it's gonna be REAL good!

Welcome! said...

Good thing you write real LOUD so all the rest of us OLD people can hear ya!

Laurel said...

Congrats, Grandma! I'm actually surprised that my July bride hasn't made any announcements yet. This might encourage her to move in that direction. :)

But ... I am going to be a Grandma, come March. Woo Hoo! Can't wait to meet our grandson, Noah!

My dear husband will be officiating in a wedding next month, as well. The 4th of our kids to get married in the past 14 months. Crazy!

Blessings,

Laurel

marlece said...

Those Grandma's....but what about that GREAT Auntie's? Can't wait to share in all of the excitement that 2012 holds for you!

Farm School Marm said...

What a great year God has in store! So very excited for you and the whole family. Let the roller coaster ride begin!

Sydney said...

Jenay you crack me up! That's all I can say, hilarious once again :)

Aunty Dolly said...

Could it be that I will be a GREAT-GREAT Aunty??? hmmm - these Grandma's! Blessings and love to all of you! And, congratulations to Kole! What an opportunity!

Meme said...

There's only one thing even "greater" than being a Grandma...it's being a "Great-Grandma"...and I know it's true,'cuz the "Great Grandmas" I know say so, and Grandmas do know about these things, so I can't wait to be one someday...maybe soon...like this year...maybe... ya think????:)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog! I had to laugh at your GRANDMA references. When we got pregnant with our first, we asked my mom not to tell anyone for a little while. Well, that was a waste of breath, she went and told her friends the next day!! Haha!