Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How is Everyone Doing??

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (New American Standard Bible) 9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

I am blessed beyond measure! I'm feeling the grace of God and the support of people. I am loved and have more blessings in my house than I can count. We have children and life and energy ABUNDANT around here.

I have to admit, I am weak right now though. Which is a good thing because I believe God's Word and when I am weak He is strong. And His grace is sufficient. I am living proof of that right now.

I'm just feeling weak because....bringing Esther home was a tough ride for me...in so many ways...now she is home and things are better than you can ever imagine, but there are hurdles, as with bringing anyone new into your home....when a baby is born and you bring it home everyone has adjustments to make, and sometimes the younger ones need to be reassured of their place in the family, so they require extra attention. This is kind of what we are experiencing...Reece is needing me a bit more....Luke is scared to death I'm going to forget a baseball practice, and reminds me continually...Charsie is a huge help and doing more than ever and learning to share a room....Kole seems the same, he is so busy trying to catch up from being gone that we rarely see the whites of his eyes...Lashae is being an amazing big sister, but also heading towards her next season of life, and is feeling the tug between helping Esther adjust and wanting to spend time with her man.

Charlie is working his crazy head off...and we are so thankful for the work...but, he has barely found the ground from coming home from Africa, so he tries to engage with the family at night and he just can barely hold his head up.

So, all is all, we are just weak in our flesh..strung out, tired and adjusting....but, THE LORD IS STRONG and His GRACE is SUFFICIENT and we are swimming in it right now. I honestly think I never want to leave this pool.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

He has you in the palm of His hands! AND God made chocolate for "those kinda days" [just sayin' :)]

Unknown said...

Your honesty and remembrance of God's perfect Word is so appreciated. Love swimming in that grace pool also. Through our process finding Him faithful again and again has made me long to just keep on trusting Him more and more for the "impossible". Love Him. Thanks for sharing.

marlece said...

you are doing a great job at keeping allllll balanced. It is a job to give all that everyone is requiring change or no change. Way to go, and it's ok to stay a little weak in your own skin that way Jesus can keep being the strong one thru and in you . I love ya sis, you know I do!

Laurel said...

Oh how I can understand the weakness of exhaustion (physically, emotionally, spiriturally). I am in a very weak place right now, crying out for the Lord's strength ... minute by minute.

Hope things smooth out for you all very soon.

Laurel