Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Changed Prayer

God changed my prayer. I've been praying for rest...I've been praying for some down time, I've been praying for quiet and calm and no big THING to prepare for....just get up in the morning, go through the day, and go to bed at night....not get up in the morning, and work feverishly trying to navigate the next big thing, or prepare for whatever, but just a boring season of predictability....I know most of you are rolling your eyes...this is NOT real life, but I was praying for it...OK...it was MY prayer.


God Changed my prayer, He has to do this to me sometimes....He has shown me I'm not asking for the right thing, I'm basically asking Him if I can be a blob and not engage, and not be urgently or passionately living and loving on people that are in my life....but just wanting to disengage and be a blob...this is not the life Christ called ANY of us too.....so, my heart and my prayer has changed....I'm praying for strength, and I'm praying for resilience, and I'm praying that I don't even need much rest, and that I have energy abundantly and joy and the desire to go, and take on lifes little things and big challenges with excitement.


We all have this strength, when we have the Lord we have the Holy Spirit living in us, and He is all we need for strength, comfort, wisdom everything we need is right IN US...we just have to tap into it and quit trying to get more rest...God will supply the exact rest I need, as long as I trust in Him and don't try to do it on my own.

Romans 8:10-13 (New International Version, ©2011) 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[a] because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[b] his Spirit who lives in you. 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.
Sunday, I was looking forward to a nap like I've never before, and instead, we needed to go visit someone in the hospital, do a little shopping, and make a delivery to a friend going to Uganda, because Esther had put together a package for her friends at Redeemer House. At first, I was all put out, that my day was going to be full speed ahead ONE MORE TIME!!! But, God gave me a great day! I felt rested and energized and I got to spend a few hours with just me and my MAN; and that has not happened in a very LONG time. Then, even in the shopping we had to do, I got the best deals EVER, and actually enjoyed it....so, all in all, it did not go the way we planned, it went soooo much better!!!

2 comments:

marlece said...

this was such a good post. I think I will change my prayer too now that I have read this. Hey, you know that saying that I said for year..."boring is good?" I don't say that anymore, I don't think that a God way of thinking! So, now I think our new saying will be, "BRING IT ON!" Ok smart sister thanks for the word today!

The McKinnon Crew said...

Hey, I am a full believer that God desires for mama's to have NAPS, too! You just bring those kids over...we've got a big ol' garden to clean up & start planting! How about Sunday afternoon? I mean it...and I will be following up on this offer...which is really not just an offer, but more like an order! If not Sunday, then you pick a day...love you!