Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Esther Update

I've been a bit on the quiet side. I'm still just so THANKFUL and BLESSED and blown away by the generosity of people and the timing and provision of our Lord, and His amazing faithfulness.
We are trying to pull together all the details of going back to get Esther and bring her home to her FOREVER FAMILY...
We are going to take another LEAP of faith, and go March 16th. Everything is done, but there is a little hold up at the USCIS...they want something worded differently in our homestudy, because our oldest daughter is 18 and still living at home. We did all the fingerprinting for her and background checks, but they want it worded a particular way in the home study...so needless to say, we are working on getting that resolved and just praying that everything gets sent to the US Embassy in time for the family to bring Esther home, as planned on the 28 of March. So once again, we are going to just go in FAITH that it will all get done!!!
Your prayers will not be wasted on us right now. We are anxious to be done with this, and just have our daughter home and begin living as a family under one roof....and on the same side of the world.
I've been in such a whilwind of thoughts and emotions lately.....I still have to process all that I saw and experienced in Africa. I'm excited as I can be, that I finally got to meet Esther, but she is still NOT home. God has provided in ways and done things that I can barely recount ALL the ways, I'm thankful, I'm in awe.
I'm tired.....I'm very tired of the ups and downs of this journey. I feel exhausted in everyway there is....emotionally, physically, mentally, even spiritually. I've been on such a high spiritually, I've experienced God's hand on us, and I have seen His Glory more than I ever hoped or dreamed possible, but I feel (emotionally) face down on the ground and in a daze of all that has happened. Part of me is in tears of joy and thankfulness, part of me is still in tears of crying out to God, "It's NOT OVER, we still have to bring her HOME".

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I so remember the Waiting Game ... even though it's been 3 years.

We were "supposed" to bring our children home before Thanksgiving (2007). Then, we were planning for a Christmas homecoming. Then ... January ... and February.

We finally traveled to Ghana on February 4th, ready to bring them home. We were expecting a 2 week stay.

We brought them home on March 18th.

While it was looooong ... and exhausting ... and frustrating ... once you get them home you KNOW that all of the waiting was worth it. Your daughter WILL be home soon; I'm trusting the Lord for that for you.

Praying for you!

Laurel

BIG news on my blog today. :)

marlece said...

yes, let's get this darling home so that you can begin mothering and loving her as you do so well. I know you are spent but you have rode this ride with so much stamina I was tired for you.....it's ok to just rest for a minute, for when she gets home you will have to amp up again with lots of energy for emotion, physically, spiritually, and on.....you have done great, and can't wait to see the rest unfold as she's brought home.

The McKinnon Crew said...

Hadn't checked in for a few days...I love you so much, friend...I know you are tired. Please know how much we are praying & just asking God to move one final mountain!