Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Random Thoughts From the Week-end Conference

My brain is EXPLODING!!!! We got soooo much information this week-end at the conference we attended this weekend, and everyone who knows me is going to be soooooo sick of me...sick of listening to me as I process all that is rattling in this brain of mine.

Here's one of the worst statistics I have ever heard....the latest studies are coming out with this stat....there are 163,000,000 orphans worldwide...OMG....that is crazy....think of this......163,000,000 kids will be aged out of the system in 18 years...which means we have the potential of having 163,000,000 people in this world who know nothing about love and being cared for by someone that thinks they are special, and will be in their corner for their whole lives.....they will be in crime, drugs, prostitution, anything to SURVIVE. They don't know any different...it is not their fault.....

Here's another thought....if my kids were left with no parents for whatever reason....and everyone just gave them money, but did not pray for them by name, did not hold them, did not have them over for dinner, did not include them in their lives; that would be devastating. My kids need love, and they get it because we have family and friends in their lives everyday no matter what....there are 163,000,000 kids that don't!!!! They don't have parents or friends and family support. Just throwing money at the problem won't fix it...these kids need family, friends, someone to cheer them on through this difficult life.

Here's a question that I know we will get a lot, because I myself have asked this...and I feel through education, and a tiny experience I have a better answer...or at least an answer I feel resolved with in my own heart. THE QUESTION: Why don't you help those in need HERE in America....OMG...We need to...there is a need in the U.S. ...there is a huge need...especially in the foster care system, but for ME for RIGHT NOW we know of a little girl in Africa who's name is Esther and SHE IS THE ONE GOD HAS LAID ON OUR HEARTS FOR RIGHT NOW. So we are going full steam ahead to bring her home to our home to be our daughter....

One last random thought on the magnitude of the 163,000,000 thing....I think of the Vietnam War, and all the lasting repercussions from that....I think of the many people that are currently living on the street, their lives devastated, on drugs, and messed up, and think about how many of them stem from Vietnam...they were rejected, they saw devastating things, they went through things that have absolutely devastated them for rest of their lives to the point of many of them are abusers of drugs, alcohol and other vices....what is it going to be like when there are 163,000,000 of those people that have been rejected and devastated out trying to find their way in this world. Yikes!!!!

Oh and I'll leave you with a quote from this weekend that just gripped me: If we are going to speak out and stand against abortion, we must be willing to speak out and stand up for the babies that are BORN.

3 comments:

marlece said...

whoaaaaaaaa!!!! I'd say you came away being a little more wise and knowing the heart of our Father just that much more. I want to be that willing vessel who He can DO THRU ME!

Kathy said...

Thank God Esther won't be one of those who never knows the love of a family. Wish every one of our kids coul find someone to love them like you love Esther! And that we could get a whole new batch of kids, and find families for all of them, and then another, and another . . . "With God, all things are possible!"

Laurel said...

Hi Jenay,

So glad your time in TX was BLESSED! Wow!

I saw your comment on Amy Blocks blog ... that you saw her but didn't get to meet her. Amy is one of my REAL LIFE FRIENDS ... and she's even sweeter than she looks. Wish you'd gotten to meet her.

So happy that you are moving towards bringing Esther home. International Adoption (especially of older children) can be one of the most difficult things you've ever done ... but the Lord will use it to teach you and your family more than you ever imagined.

Be BLESSED!

Laurel :)