Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Dr. Appt. or Divine Appt.

Today I had a Dr. appt.....I had to get my Yellow Fever shot, so that when we are ready to go get Esther, I'm ready to roll. This shot is required to travel to Africa. I also had to get a paper signed from a Dr. saying he thinks Charlie and I are mentally and physically able to care for another child. (hold all your jokes please...hehe...only I can make fun of this one.) Anyway, so this week-end I got my paperwork and my passport out and ready to go, so I didn't forget anything for the appt. I was FREAKED out when I realized the Dr. signature had to be notarized, ugh....I did not tell them this when I made the appt. So this week-end I prayed that this would not be a problem...I mean you know doctors are busy and I'm just guessing how excited they get about MORE paperwork.



I called this morning and told the clinic that my paperwork had to be notarized...the gal says...we do NOT have a notary in the building, but go ahead and come and we'll figure it out...



So I go, and I checked in and when the nurse came to get me, I told her that the Dr. signature needed to be notarized, she said, "Uhhhhhh, I will call the hospital, and see it they have a notary". So she calls the hospital, and the notary over there would not answer....



In the meantime....the Dr. came in to consult me on the shot, and to make sure I had a heartbeat and so he could sign the paper for adoption...this doc we have known for a long time, and he has delivered 2 of my precious babes. This is the only doc Charlie will EVER agree to see for anything....(besides hand injuries...of which he will go to the hosp. and back injuries of which he will go to Dr. Hebert) this is the Doc that when I had Luke....he comes back in the room after all his work was complete, and says....hey I have a boy named Luke too, and it happens to be his birthday today. So this Doc delivered our Luke on his Luke's birthday. How cool is that?????



So, TODAY...the Dr. shares with me a story about his Luke, and how God absolutely did a complete miracle and saved this boy's life.....he told me the whole story, but I didn't ask if I could share.....so I won't, but trust me he was calling it a miracle and there is NO other explanation!!! So, that just made my day; he also told me that his Luke is a missionary in another country....Oh my gracious.....I shared with him that Lashae wants to be a missionary, and it has taken an act of God for Charlie and I to get on board with this decision, I told him I was ashamed that I could not be 100% excited at first, that it has taken a lot of time, and a work of God on my heart to TRUST HIM with her future and her calling to go to the mission field.




We had a very cool moment, the Doc shared with me that he too has struggled even though he knows his boy is called and God has such a hand on his life, but sometimes it was difficult and he just has to TRUST....


Oh glory!!! One parent to another, we just had such a good time, and we both said at the end of the conversation how glad we were that God was in control and He had a future for our kids because we sure couldn't do a better job than GOD to plan their futures....we had a good laugh at the end about who do we think we are anyway???



So then I break the news that I need a notarized signature....he said ok...we'll get it done in the next few days or SO.....when I left without those papers and I felt in a bit of a panic...this adoption paperwork is tedious and it important....there are no variations, no exceptions, no gray.....you get it done and you get it done right, and anything you mess up on is just another delay to bringing your child home.



So I thanked the Lord for such a fabulous Dr. appt, that I HAD BEEN DREADING ....I have not been to a Dr. for myself in almost 3 yrs, and the only reason I went then was because I had a baby!! (No comments allowed on this either. It's just the way it is, and I'm doing great!! I have not had a need to go to the Dr.)



I was rejoicing for such a "divine appt" at the Dr. office, but I was concerned for my paperwork.


So then I come home and 2 hours later the nurse calls and says they have all paperwork done and notarized!!!!! Oh my Lord, I am REJOICING!!!!!! What a day the Lord has given me, He has just provided one good thing after another. I'm REJOICING BIG!!!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

"God is so good, God is so good . . . " I believed that you would walk out with a notarized signature, but God can do things any old way He wants to! Read this to Esther, to show her how God is working on her behalf! Love it!

Shauna said...

It is about the journey isn't it?! Esther will just be an added gift to the amazing process! Praise God for another paper part done - only 478 million to go, right? :)

We Are Family said...

GREAT!
Our notary went to our Dr's office with us...He even drove. I thought that was a God thing too :)

Unknown said...

Another amazing divine appointment. Oh how I love the way the Lord works in our lives when we invite Him in. Thank you for sharing so that we can rejoice with you. I am so anxious to meet the next member of the Brewer family - our little Esther! ♥♥♥